Bancroft Bay Park Trail

Bancroft Bay Park Trail is a 2.9 mile loop trail located near Albert Lea, MN that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and birding and is accessible from March until December.

not a great trail, more golf disc course, disappointed as was looking for more of a hike...

I spent about an hour two days in a row hiking the trails around Bancroft Bay Park. They seem to be two semi-separate loop back trails combined for the purpose of connecting a disc golf course. Surrounded by Fountain Lake's North Bay, this semi-secluded trail has plenty of potential to prolong your time out, between a large disc golf course, a expansive open park area, campfire rings with stone seating, and some great areas I'd like to throw up a hammock, you could easily spend an entire day here. Which I plan to do later this spring when the weather warms up. I really think Bancroft Bay deserves its own profile on AllTrails, but for now I'll review it here so people can see this great option that's so close to home!