The Ledges

The Ledges is a 2.6 mile out and back trail located near Grand Ledge, MI and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and rock climbing and is accessible from March until January.

rock climbing

Scenic trail. Rock formations are cool. Great for an afternoon walk. Very kid friendly as well.

nice easy walk. beautiful scenery.

Rocks were amazing, scenery was beautiful

This is a beautiful walk on a beautiful day! The only thing negative to report is that the directions are wrong. This is NOT off of Saginaw Hwy! It leaves from Fitzgerald Park, off of Jefferson Ave. for $5 daily fee. It can also be accessed from Island Park, in downtown Grand Ledge, for free. But well worth the walk!

short, pretty, easy to navigate. good for kids.

Nice trail for a short hike.

the climb up the ledge at any point was a blast. the slide down on your bum was the worst. the paths down were just lots of loose soil, so it was challenging to navigate safely. that being said every climb up was a great burst of cardio on the trail. i would recommend a copious amount of bug spray. the only things worse than the mudslides down were the mosquitos everywhere.

canoeing

Beautiful scenery for lower inland Michigan. A must-see if around the area!

I'm new to hiking but the ledges are quite scenic for being located in the mid-Michigan area. They have a ledge hike and if you go the opposite side of the river there are more trails that lead you though a hilly beautiful forest which then comes around to a dam. There are a couple of trails available and I enjoyed the time I spent there, passerbys were very friendly.

These trails were better than I expected. Going along the ledges provides some beautiful landscape. It also follows a slow-moving river. There is also a train bridge that crosses the river which makes for some cool photos. The rest of the trails are primarily through deciduous forest.

We took our dogs & they swam in the river. However, there were a few other dogs at the park so we had to keep our leashes ready.

A scenic park in Grand Ledge. My wife & I went there on our first date so it holds a special place in my heart.