Shiawassee Waterfowl Trail

Shiawassee Waterfowl Trail is a 7.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Saginaw, MI that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from April until November.

good trail .. we biked it in may .. still a little muddy in spots .. wooded .. mostly shade ..

Overall an enjoyable trail. A few different options a with the main trail being the Woodland, which is about 3.7 miles. Well maintained. Seems to be a popular mountain bike path. Good amount of wildlife including deer, birds, squirrels etc. I'll definitely be back when I'm in town.

Went in early spring. The trail still had spring water collection in some places. Over all a nice flat hike to see Michigan birds.

I walk these three trails often as they are close to my home. Seriously a great place to just relax and see wildlife. Birds, fish, turtles, foxes, deer, and all things associated with animal wildlife in Michigan.
People jog, hike, fish, bike, and just take in the view. I often state that whilst on the river trail you have Lord Of The Ring moments.

no this is totally awesome the trails are well maintained no joke around and the water is quite sweet I even got a gallon of water to take back home with us I'd give it a 5

This was a very nice very flat walk through a wetland preserve called the Ferguson Bayou Trail I took about a four mile hike and saw an amaziing number of birds. It would be a wonderful place to go for a jog. There is a second trail in the preserve that I would like to try next year in the spring called the woodland trail