Pontiac Lake Recreation Area Trail

Pontiac Lake Recreation Area Trail is a 9.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near White Lake, MI that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is quite a nice park with a variety of recreational options. We went for a 4.3 mile hike on a Friday afternoon with our dogs. The bike trail is pretty busy, so you want to stay away from it. The hiking and in many areas hiking/equestrian trail. It's partly hilly and mostly wooded and wasn't too busy. There is an $11 charge for the recreational passport.

Today (8-27-16) was my second time riding this trail. It's about 9.7 miles. It's located in a very nice state park. The trail goes through woods and some open areas. I have been mountain biking for a couple of years. I am not an expert but can handle advanced trails like the Holdridge Lake of Mt. Holly Recreation area. I am not exactly young at 65 but quite athletic. I am not crazy about this trail that's why I gave it a 2. The primary reason is that the trail has lots of sandy areas with gravel and locks in the middle of the trail. This causes the bike to slide and rather hard to control. On the positive side the park is very nice with a beach.

Good for a short but moderate hike. Some points of rooted terrain and 30+ degree incline.

I used the staff's directions on finding the trail but I couldn't.

Lots of great climbs. Also lots of loose rocks and exposed roots so be careful!

Rocky and fast. Love the first Hill.

We hiked the mountain bike trail. 11 mile hike with lots of hills. the whole thing took about 5.5 hours. Bring your swim suits, taking a swim in the lake at the end was icing in the cake.

We love hiking the horse and bike trails. Many sections to do to change things up. We go hiking here often.

I use to race expert on this trail back in the 90's. Now I have a t.b.i. and look forward to riding it again!

first-time on this trail. Intermediate rider

Great trail. Some nice, challenging climbs with big and fast downhills.
The best way that I can think of to describe this trail, is it felt like the Poto's little brother, because of the challenge / reward ratio.
there's two "easy / hard" forks in the trail. The first one is a little tricky, particularly, the climb back up on the other side. The second is no big deal at all.
Like the Poto, you can get some good speed on the downhills here, and the climbs will leave you winded.
Very good trail, I will be back!

What an awesome challenging ride !! Tough climbs but well rewarding downhills . Intermediate not for beginners but a great wilderness ride. Give it a try its a wonderful way to spend the day

This small hike is handicap accessible and gives you great views of the beautiful falls. Tourist location a worth the stop. Highlight of my weekend.

Great trail, I would also recommend not coming here if you're out of shape from the winter or you haven't gone mountain biking before. I wish there was some more technical features, but the occasional rock garden and steep drop keep me satisfied. The climbs are tough, but all of them are rewarding because of a nice downhill at the end. Definitely adding to my riding rotation.

Do not come here for your first trail ride ever and are mildly out of shape from the winter!!!!! I was out matched from the get go. 5 out of 5

Great trail with some tech stuff! Awesome!

Fun and challenging. I went on a very hot day and was wiped out after but totally worth it. Tough climbs and fun drops also with some very fun turns.

Great Trail! Pretty washed out, but I loved the whole flow of the trail. Challenging climbs, but not too difficult to complete. Very rocky, lots of roots, but not too many crazy switchbacks. Great Ride!

Extremely fun and challenging. Has all aspects, great up hills, fast downhills, drop offs, rock beds etc. couldn't ask for more from a trail.

So awesome! Can't wait to get out there again! Couldn't finish the whole thing but what we did get done was so rewarding! The downhills more than made up for those uphills!