Crooked Lake Trail

Crooked Lake Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Pinckney, MI that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A 5 mile loop around Crooked Lake. This 5 mile loop is part of the Potawatomi Trail. It is a 5 mile loop that circles Crooked lake. It also intersects with several other trails, such as the Silver Lake trail. Terain ranges from flat, well packed dirt to boardwalk to sand, to rugged hills. It is a very good training loop for cross country running, as well as conditioning hikes. There are some wonderful views along the trail, as well as a camping area should you wish to camp there. It is important to note that this trail is open during hunting season, so take appropriate precautions.

Beautiful views

Went with 4 kids ages 12-7. All had a great time...7 year old was nice and tired near the end.

It was a gorgeous hike that was shaded the entire time. The roots in the trail made it difficult at times but it was worth it. There is a bridge at one point that is on the edge of a lake, I can't remember the name, but it was breathtaking.

Very relaxing with mild elevation changes to keep the trail lively. Some bike traffic, but mostly solace.

great trail. not too crowded. great for pets and running

Great trail through glacial features. Be sure to remember hikers counterclockwise bikers clockwise.

Great trail for a run! It is a beautiful place and almost all shade. The elevation change is a good challenge but not overwhelming. The loop is easy to follow. The best part though is that you can jump in the lake after the run to cool off! There are restrooms and changing areas near the trail head and parking convenient. Make sure to buy a park passport if you don't have one, only $10 and is good at all the state parks.

My friend and I hiked this trail this morning and it was beautiful! We only passed a few bikers and walkers along the way so for the most part, we were alone. It was so quiet and peaceful! The water was absolutely gorgeous. This was the first trail we've done and we we didn't struggle at all. There are definitely some steeper parts but we got through it without a problem. Can't wait to come back!!

I really enjoyed the trails. They are well marked. Great Lake views and swimming area with picnic benches and grills. Very dog friendly! Perfect blend of rugged terrain and groomed trails.

Beautiful blue skies. Super hot for March. Fantastic trail with just the right amount of uphill that made you work for it but not overly so. Lots of friendly mtb-ers, dog walkers and runners sharing the same space. I drove 160 miles for those precious 2 hours to clear my head.

Nice walking trail! We have come here a few times, in the fall and the winter to walk with our dog. There are a lot of mountain bikers when there isn't snow on the ground. It is a nice forest hike, with several hills and bodies of water. My dog loves it!

First hiking trail I did in Michigan. Tough at times with the inclines. Had a wonderful time enjoying the peace and quiet. Ran into other people running and biking the trails.

Such a fun and challenging trail. The views were gorgeous, the terrain was ever changing and the smell of pine makes you want to stop and cherish its beauty. The colors are beautiful this time of year as well. The trail system is quite busy with bikers so be on the lookout because sometimes it's hard to see and hear what's around the corner.

This trail had good hilly terrain for south east Michigan. Went in early spring and enjoyed water birds and a turtle on the trail.

A little late on this review, my wife and I went thru on 1 April! Loved the trail, although we started at the end, instead of the beginning, got a little turned around and added 2 miles to the overall hike. This was our first ever hike, and so far haven't been able to find anything even close as nice as this. This was before the greening of Spring, we look forward to going back in early Fall!