Macomb Orchard Trail

Macomb Orchard Trail is a 23.6 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Richmond, MI that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

23.6 miles 340 feet Point to Point

We parked near Rochester and picked up the trail a north of Hamlin and east of Avon, a bit northwest of Yates Cider Mill. The trail is gravel for about 1.5 miles and then smooth enough for a road bike until the bridge over the freeway, then the asphalt is patched for 1.5 miles and then a perfectly smooth trail again. We were on cyclocross bikes so had no problem. We rode to Milsap, so about 38 miles round trip which took 3 hours.There are not too many crossings so that was nice, and even fewer as we rode east and into more rural areas. In October it was not crowded so it was a fast ride. Just had to stop at the local fruit stand for a doughnut and HOT cider... a second cider went into my water bottle for the last 8 miles, which was an outstanding decision!!

Nice place to run. Quiet well kept! I just wish they would put water wells or drinking fountains on trails more often.

I love this trail for a long out and back ride. It is very fast and flat. Nice scenery and doesn't get too crowded. There are some cute restaurants in a few towns along the way to stop at too.

I have rode this trail several times and really enjoy it. The trail is mostly flat because it is a rail trail. Once you get north of 29 mile, it gets more country like and less busy on the cross roads. There are some bridges you pass over (what ever they sprayed on the wood to preserve it smells nasty) and some very nice scenery. My goal before the end of the season is to go from end to end.

One more thing I would like to mention...The trail links up to the Clinton River Trail which in turn connects you to the Rochester River Walk which in turn connects you to Paint Creek Trail. I love how trails connect, I can't wait till all trails connect.

As long as you don't expect hills (which you can't really do in this part of Michigan anyway), this is a great trail. It runs through a variety of different terrain, from woods, to orchards, to farmland. Very well maintained, lots of parking locations, occasional restrooms. Some nice bridges.

I work right next to trail near Romeo. So I've biked it a lot over past few years. It's really nice it's all paved now. I have biked all of it. My favorite part of trail is between Romeo to Richmond. It's more scenic less roads & traffic. Once in a while might see a deer or turkey. At Dequinder it turn to Clinton River Trail. It's much busier down that way. It's mainly flat with slight upgrade. Pavement in good shape.

Smooth trail for riding but quite a few street/hwy crossings. There were a few parts that were very pretty and at other times I felt like I was riding on a service drive. Not a lot of shade on those hot days so go early in the morning.

So much fun! Saw various critters along the way, as well as a deer which stopped on the trail. Word of advice: Bring more than one water bottle! Long trail to conquer

Good trail, runs from Richmond MI to Rochester MI.