Deep Lake Trail

Deep Lake Trail is a 10.8 mile loop trail located near Middleville, MI that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round.

Directions from Wayland, MI: Take US 131 south turning east at the Bradley exit. Take CR A-42 (Chief Noonday Road) east to Gun Lake Road following the signs to Yankee Springs Headquarters. Obtain detailed park map at this point.

This is just OK. It's not off-the-beaten-path, meaning too close to some roads and constant noise of traffic. It is not well marked and those caring for it use a bit too much sand to fill in wet areas (for the mountain bikers, I presume). I did find a path, marked on the trail but not on this map, that does go along the east edge of Deep Lake - this part is at least scenic.

Good trail. Easy to follow. I'm hard if hearing , I remove my hearing aids while hiking ( sweat issue with them). My concern was sharing the trail with bikes. Its been my experience on the roads that many cyclists act as if they own the roa . That said, my hike on this trail , Memorial Day weekend , was grea . The riders shared the trail as did I. It was easy for me to step aside and give them ample room to pas . I found great trail respect from the riders on a VERY busy trail day.

Though not my favorite trail at Yankee Springs , I will walk it agai . Hit my favorite spo .

I give two stars at best...poorly marked, hiked out an hour and a half before we saw a map on the trail that said we missed the loop way back, devils' soup bowl a gully with trees in it, no big deal. Nice mountain bike trail but foot trail poor quality

Great place to get away from the city/concrete jungle. Although the trail can be busy with other users at times, most occasions I am all alone!

Great trail. Had a lot of intersecting trails that you can use to expand the hike if you get part way through and just want to go that extra mile.

This was a fun little trail! Saw some excellent scenery. Also seems like you have a good chance of seeing some deer, as we saw tons of tracks (never actually saw the deer though). Did see some turkeys though! The Devil's Soup Bowl overlook is a pretty cool spot, and I'd recommend taking the 15 minute detour to go see it. The only reason I didn't give this trail a 5 star rating is because it runs to close to the main road for a bit, and I don't like hearing cars when I'm trying to get away.... Other than that it's wonderful though! I recommend staying at the Deep Lake Rustic campground when your there, the trail actually runs right next to the sites so you don't even have to drive to the trailhead.