Deadman's Hill Trail

Deadman's Hill Trail is a 3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Elmira, MI that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from May until November.

Good trekking with babies on moderate 80 degree, cloudy day. Got a little hot, stagnant in spots, muddy at bottom after heavy rain 2 days prior & literally up hill both ways ;)

moderate 3 mile hike. perfect for dogs. beautiful view at the end!

This hike is just great. 3 miles, took about 90 min at a decent pace due to elevation changes. If you're facing away from the cars, take the trail entrance to the right, saves the view for the end. At the first fork you go left. Trail was muddy/washed out and sandy in some spots but we easily managed even with a baby on my back. Bring bug spray, flies were pretty annoying. In June this was nicely shaded.

Well marked. Moderate descent and climb. Picturesque. Dog loved it too:)

Pack 17 cub scouts did this three mile trek in October. Great hike, need better signs for where the three mile loop and the Northern Trail meet and separate. Having a map helped. Start at the parking lot and go down hill returning up the scenic trail makes for a kid friendlier pace. Colors were at peak!

The trail was confusing because the signs are not helpful and there were trees down on the trail. It was a great experience but my boyfriend and I got lost for 18 miles. They need better signs!!!!!

This is listed as 3 miles but it's part of the larger East Jordan Pathway which you can take about 18 miles. I've hiked this twice both times as a day hike. Both times I've finished late in the evening exhausted. But it was well worth it. The trail can be challenging and most people hike the Pathway as an over night trip. There is a campground at about the 8-9 mile mark.

Not worth your time. No views and trail maintenance is something to be desired. I was up from Phoenix for Labor Day to be with my wife's family. This was the only trail I had time to try out. Half way through, I was wishing that I had attempted different trail instead. There has to be something better around, and I encourage you to go there rather than here.

Hiked this one solo on a whim, on what had to me the hottest day of the summer. I suffered the misfortune of a leaking hydration pack when I most needed it, but an outstanding adventure none the less.

This path is great but a killer. The first bit of the hill gets to your legs after that you just numb.

I love this trail and have hiked it often. It is a very easy trail for beginners and children. They only reason that I gave it a moderate rating is because of the uphill hike at the end that can be pretty hard to get through if your not physically fit. I take my 10 year old and 5 year old through this trail a few times a year and they love it. Nature bonus: When you reach the sign that points to the left and directs you back to the start, keep on going straight for about 10 more minutes and you will reach a swamp area and then a large pond with a cool little wooden bridge that extends to the other side. When you reach this bridge you will have the most beautiful view of the valley and it's a perfect place to stop for a break, or lunch. Then when your all done, turn back around and go back the the sign that points back to home. Happy Hiking!