Dead River Falls

Dead River Falls is a 0.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Marquette, MI that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and snowshoeing and is accessible from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

when I was there the trail ended for getting to the falls but when you first walk in you do have some falls right under the water pipe

One of the best waterfall hikes I've ever taken. Has a few difficult spots but overall a moderate hike. At least a dozen different falls. Beautiful!

This is a challenging hike as the trail is steep and tough to follow. I am not so sure we were even on a trail for parts of our hike, but we followed the river and arrived at the falls, which are well worth the hike.

We only saw a few other people relaxing at the beginning of our hike and nobody else after that until we arrived back to the car. Wear good shoes for this hike.

5 Stars because of it's beauty and level of fun! It does have some tricky areas of the trail to navigate, but worth every step!

MY favorite hiking spot. I've hooked it during every season and it's beautiful all year long. i wouldn't say it's a difficult hike at all (that's why I have it 3 stars). I did this hike when I was 9 months pregnant, just a couple of days before delivering. i probably wouldn't bring small children because of the big drop offs. it seems a little dangerous.

First hill is VERY STEEP. BUT I would highly recommend this hike. It's better in spring than winter (trust me)

Steep steep steep but worth every step! The falls are so powerful and beautiful!

After reading some of the reviews of the difficulty level we were a bit hesitant to try this trail - so glad we decided to go! The trail was a challenge (which we love), but definitely not over the top. It was great practice for an upcoming trip to the Rockies. The waterfalls and scenery are just beautiful and we appreciated how remote it felt in spite of being so close to the city.

It was a blast!

The falls area is beautiful however, the opening hill you climb once you are on the trail is much harder than "moderate" as listed. Getting up is a bit above moderate but getting back down is difficult. Wear good hiking shoes!

Great hike. Can be very challenging. I regularly do this hike year round and its very icy in winter. Good barefoot summer feet builder with many cliff jumping options and falls

The trail is primarily used by a younger crowd looking for cliff diving spots along the Dead River. The trail is well worn but there are a few sections which are steeper with loose earth. Fun if you are looking for a swimming hole.