Midland City Forest Trail

Midland City Forest Trail is a 2.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Midland, MI. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trail, very scenic, great place to let your dog off the leash (Internet says leash - sign at park "says dog must be under control".) Locals leave their pets off their leash. Good place to hike/walk. No paved paths all dirt paths and bike/hike paths can be narrow in the woods.

Good trails for beginners to advanced. Trails are kept clean of trees. It is narrow on the summer with the under growth.

I grew up coming to City Forest for walking, skiing, and sledding. It remains one of my favorite places to go when I want to get out in the woods. The bike trails are fantastic for running and hiking in the summer and fall and the skiing trails are beautiful and kept fairly well-groomed in the winter. Their facilities for sledding, skating, and tobogganing make this a popular winter sports destination and for good reason. The chalet is wonderful for warming up, grabbing some popcorn and hot cocoa, or for holding events. I had my high school graduation party here and it was great. I am biased, though, being that City Forest was a part of my childhood.

It Is one of my favorite trail systems. The single tracks are a bit narrow going around the corners and a fair number of roots, they keep you on your toes. Have fun out on the trails.

One of the most well taken care of trails I've ridden. Some fun man made obstacles on the gnu loop. Not a real tough trail endurance wise but I'm use to more hills since I live in NC. Although its been rainy lately the trail wasn't too muddy.

Joe's review sums up this trail nicely. Trail builders made great use of the terrain they had to work with. A bit more technical than I usually like, City Forest will help you keep your bike handling skills sharp.

This is a great mountain biking trial that offers a variety of obstacles. It offers plenty of climbs and drops, a few jumps, ladder bridges, a sawed in half tree, rocks, and many other man made obstacles. If you are a beginner you can stick to the cross country trails, however the more advanced bikers will love the single tracks. The trail also drains well after rain, and the muddy spots mostly have mats or blocks down to ride on. My favorite trail in the Great Lakes Bay Region!