Buck Creek Nature Preserve

Buck Creek Nature Preserve is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Wyoming, MI that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

2.5 miles Out & Back

Nice set of trails, one is paved, one is a boardwalk. Lots of tree cover, runs along Buck Creek, so expect bugs, but very nice trails for hiking, biking, exploring or jogging.

It's a short walk and the wildlife surprised me. We saw two whitetail fawns sitting near the entrance of the trail. They were friendly and beautiful. We did not see/find the loop unfortunately. But on the way back we saw a loon and several ducks. I walked during Autumn so the colors pop out at you. Several persons passed this Saturday afternoon. We did smell the sewage and that was unpleasant, bringing this park down to a 3 star score, otherwise it's worth the trip.

It was short but I liked all of the nature

Okay. Very easy paved trail with two unpaved side paths toward the creek. On the humid day I visited, there was an odor of sewage, thus my 3 rating.

nice little walking or jogging trail, but a bit short for biking.

Repug.

Somewhat urban trail through the woods near the creek, with houses in many sections. It is in the city, so that is expected and you can't beat the location for a quick walk after work. I see deer almost every time I go even in the day. It says 2 1/2 miles but if you go only on the paved section it's exactly 2 miles.