Blue Heron Trail Loop

Blue Heron Trail Loop is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near New Boston, MI that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Nice trails some over the marsh and through the woods, horse trails too. Plenty of wildlife to see . Very peaceful and tranquil . Great for kids because you can look down in the water and see fish, turtles and swans.

Seems like a nice environment, but be aware the boardwalk over the water is potentially hazardous for small children, non-swimmers and small, unhealthy dogs or dogs with disabilities.
November 12th my husband and I, with two of our dogs, began walking the boardwalk. Just after reaching open water, my husband looked out across the marsh, at that same moment, our aging pug stepped off the opposite side. She hung for two, maybe three seconds by her collar, then slipped out of it and into the water. She stepped off because she has no vision in her right eye, the same side of the boardwalk that she stepped off of. She also has deteriorating vision in her left eye, and has never swam before, so my immediate concern was that she might drown. My husband laid down on the dock and tried reaching for her, luckily instincts kicked in and she resurfaced and began dog paddling, but she was out of reach. Because she is little, aging and has poor vision, my husband had to get in the water too rescue her.

Nice well maintained trails. Dog friendly. Went on a nice fall day. Not very crowded. Not always clear as to which way to go to complete the loop but if you check on the map then you'll be fine.

We visit here often. The trails are well marked and maintained. Dogs welcome, on-leash. The paths are wide and easy to navigate. You never know what animals you'll see along the way.

All the trails at Crosswinds Marsh are very well maintained. I hike here at least several times a month year-round. There is a lot of wildlife here including deer, beaver, mink, coyotes and all sorts of birds including a resident nesting pair of bald eagles. The hiking is very easy. I don't think there is a hill higher than ten feet in the whole park. Parts of the trails will be muddy and/or wet to the point of impassable after heavy or persistent rains. Bring insect repellent in the Summer. Great place for birding.

Great day

Love it here!

I can not wait to go cross-country skiing this winter at the park!

The trail is a very easy but beautiful to walk on. There is a gravel horse trail u can walk on however I prefer the unpaved paths. The scenery is beautiful and wildlife encounters do occur. We walk out dog there at least 5 times a week.
Plenty of benches, a place u can fish. Our first day went walked the entire circumference of the marsh and logged 4 miles. The 2 mi loop on the description is wrong.

The first time I ever went here around April it was very nice and sunny. Trails were a little muddy but it was okay. Unfortunately the second time I went at the end of May there was a lot of ticks! They were all In my hair and on my clothes. Even all over my poor puppy. I don't know if it was just the day because it was hot but I will never come here again after that horrible experience

Well marked easy trails! It makes for a nice peaceful walk. My first hike through was mid March, when all the snow melted. Definitely bring water proof shoes

Flat easy trail