Bass River Recreation Area Trail

Bass River Recreation Area Trail is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Grand Haven, MI that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

My wife and I, and our dogs enjoy the hike and scenery.

the best

This place was SOOO much fun. My wife who is relatively new to mountain biking and I went for a ride here and had a blast. The amount of twists, turns, roots, trees, banks and roll packed into the trail is unlike anything that I've ever ridden. I loved the short but sweet north loop so much that I did it again for speed after completing the whole ride. I definitely will be back.

Agree with some earlier posts that crossings of horse trails and at grassy areas, particularly in the 3rd loop, are sometimes a bit confusing. Just keep heading straight until you see a brown marker with an arrow and you'll be just fine. Directions and map above are spot on.

We have just started mountain biking so we are trying new places each time. But this will definitely be one we come back to. Presents a challenge without be too difficult for beginners.

We ride out here ounce every couple weeks in the summer. To find the trailhead use the entrance off from 104 ave and drive in about 1/4 mile and park at the turn around in the road. (43.01972, -86.04130)

The start of Loop 1 is not marked, but it heads off to the north from here. Loop 2 starts where Loop 1 crosses the road back towards the entrance. The start of loop 3 heads off to the right (east) just before loop 2 dumps you back out to the entrance road.

Loops 1 and 2 are tight, but the turns flow together pretty good. Loop 3 is very tight and technical.

Here is a link to a track of the trails that I found on open street map: http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=43.018435&lon=-86.03716499999999&zoom=15&layers=M

Enjoyable scenery, but the signs are a bit hard to follow. Be prepared to get a little confused locating the trails here, but once you do you'll be rewarded. This is really a nice escape from the city as its very quiet and peaceful.

no longer open to to public, Private Drive Only!

I had a hard time finding this place. Google maps took me to the wrong place. When I did arrive, there were no signs pointing me to the beginning of the trail. Besides these directional issues, the trail itself was great. The majority of the trail is in the woods. Many ups and downs and turns. Now that I know where it is, I will return!

3 Loops, pretty technical not much elevation gain or loss. Trails are in nice shape.