Bald Mountain Blue, White and Orange Loop Trails

Bald Mountain Blue, White and Orange Loop Trails is a 6.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Oakland, MI that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Hiking the entire 11.7 miles will take about 5 hours, but there are shorter loops within the system and well marked.

I couldn't even find the Bald Mountain Trail (it's in the Bald Mountain Recreation Park) we took today. Hence I post it under the one that's closest. If you follow the direction that AllTrails provides for you'll get to the other Bald Mountain trail.

Take Greenshield Rd off 24 to get directly to the trail head. If you enter the park through the main entrance, you can park at the second or third to last parking lot and take a short trail that connects to the trail head. We took our dogs on a late Sunday afternoon. The trail is mostly wooded and an easy hike. You share the trail with bikers. We didn't see too many, so no big deal while we were there. You can extend or shorten your hike as you like, as there are many trails across.

Fun local trail. We hiked it with our kids. 4 year old managed to walk quite a bit of it on his own. Baby cruised in big wheeled jogger stroller. Very quiet and peaceful trail.

We go nearly every week to do at least one of the loops. Orange is the longest. Took my dog last week and he enjoyed it too!

Beautiful scenery. Took our dogs along and greatly enjoyed it!

It was a nice hike, with some hills and lots of water and trees. The only downside is being right next to the gun range, you can hear the shots, and between markers 10 and 14 you can smell them too. But it was a nice MI hike... Very Dog Friendly.

Beautiful

Great ride but lost my wallet. Stupid mistake!

Fun trail I've seen lots of wildlife. You can hear the shooting range it is very loud. It doesn't bother me but it might to some people.

We love it. Mountain bike & hike 1-2 X weekly!

Nice fall hike on the Orange trail. About a four mile loop through woods and past several lakes. We saw two mountain bikers and two dog walkers the whole time on a bright sunny fall weekday. We saw more snakes than people - just harmless ones, but still made us jump a few times. The colors are getting good and this will be an even better hike over the next few weeks. There were a few hills but mostly flat. A few places where it was pretty muddy. I would do it again. Went to Sagebrush Cantina nearby for lunch afterward. Nice atmosphere and decent mexican food with huge portions. Link below.

The trails on the northern part are great. They aren't difficult but you can still get a good workout. Be sure to bring bug spray if you're doing the western loop - mosquitos were out in full force even after I sprayed myself down. Probably if you're biking it's not as big of an issue, but if you're hiking they will eat you alive.

The directions on here don't lead you to the parking lots, so I'd recommend going to the website for a better idea of how to get there - - I spent a decent amount of time circling around trying to find it. One of the main parking areas is right around the intersection of Harmon and Predmore.

Nice walk in the woods. Some decent hills, well groomed and kept up trails. The western trails in the northern part are the best.

Decent trail. Not to challenging. Can be fast at times. Great scenery

Good hike for athletic kids... Nice scenery. A favorite of ours

good

Great trail, it was obvious that it has been maintained very well. Only a few wet spots along the whole trail, and very few people out on the trail. For it being early April, I was surprised how clean and well taken care of the trail was. I hiked the whole thing and kept telling myself I wished I had brought my bike to bike the trail as well. Trail is very well marked. Will definitely go again. Not a very challenging trail, but still fun. After I bike it, I'll write another review.

Descent Mountain bike trail. Not very difficult, but has a nice long stretch of down hill. It's more fun to ride this than to hike it, since there's not much to see. The trail goes through a lot of swampy areas so lots of mosquitoes in the summer. Either ride really fast, or apply DEET liberally.