Whitehall Reservoir

Whitehall Reservoir is a 6.7 mile loop trail located near Hopkinton, MA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, fishing, horses, and canoeing and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

This trail is so nice, you sometimes walk almost on the lake ;) even though parts of it are very close to some houses it is really a pleasant hike! We did the loop and enjoyed it a lot.

I'm giving this trail 2 stars probably more out of my own personal feelings about why I hike to begin with. I like to get on a trail and leave society behind for a few hours. This trail is nice and well kept (except for blazes, which I'll get to in a minute), but it's too close to roads and houses to ever truly get in the woods. Part of the trail follows a road, while other parts literally have you walking behind homes. It's not what I like, so maybe that's just me. The trail is poorly blazed. I actually got lost a few times and ended up in neighborhoods. There's an area that you will exit the woods to a pump house and from there you're on your own to find where the trail picks up. In all it was a good walk, a decent workout but not my type of place.

it was a nice trail, easy-moderate though sometimes the markings were poor and wound up walking through someone's backyard until we realized we went off the trail somehow. you do actually walk behind someone's house at the beginning though which made it confusing.

Lots of fun. Definitely needed a ton of bug repellent. Lots of great spots to sit for lunch/breaks.

Trail markings on first third ok get better

Really peaceful and quiet. I loved it!

trail is pretty easy to follow but not very well marked. there aren't any big boats on the lake and not many houses around the shore either. very peaceful hike! I have also gone kayaking here a few times. really nice islands and channels in the back of the lake.

Awesome hike. Will be back!! ❤️

Pretty location, peaceful trail. Single track and lots of rocks and roots, so slow going for a trail run. Blue blaze all around - only 2 spots not well marked, but if you start going away from the water, you know you're wrong.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful pictures.

Thank you for sharing the wonderfully beautiful pictures. I really enjoyed soooo much, I felt as though I was there.

Nice loop. Very clean trail, lots of roots so watch out for those. There were a couple parts that we didn't see blue blazes and we were wondering if we were still on the right path, but overall it was clearly marked. Parking seems tough if you get there too late on a nice day. The parking near the boat launch was full so we went down to the exchange st one. It seems like you could probably only get about 3 or 4 cars down there, but it worked out

Parts were difficult to navigate but overall it was a great hike!

Was in the area because of work, and decided to go give the loop a try. I walked the loop counter clockwise from 730 to 10 o'clock in the morning on a Saturday, and only saw six people and one dog the entire time. It is mostly flat terrain in mixed Pine and deciduous forest. The only two drawbacks are lots of roots and many offshoot trails. However, if you stick to the blue blazes, then you should not wind up in somebody's backyard.

about 8.5 miles all the way around. Some spots were very hard to follow the trail and we had to pull out maps and compasses to find the trail again. But the lake is beautiful! If your up for the long hike, bring a camera, bug spray, and a map!

Wonderful! Took about 3.5 hours

I enjoy this trail with my son. BUT did not anticipate it would take us over 3 hours. Left at 4:30 pm and didn't get back till 7:45 - racing against the sunset. Lots up hills. Thought it would be a great challenge for trail running.

The trail wraps around a lake. I would recommend this if your trying to exercise. But if your looking for a scenic hike this trail isn't for you. Most of the trail leads to the back yard of houses.

Great hiking trail. Trails are well marked with the exception of exchange street parking area. Don't forget bug spray as wet land areas are somewhat buggy. Overall a very nice, peaceful hike. A little over 2 hours and 20 minutes and I would definitely do it again soon.