Upton State Forest Loop

Upton State Forest Loop is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Upton, MA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I hunt here and the woods are beautiful. Tons or wildlife to watch and observe and lots of trails that are great for walking and hiking.

Nice hike. Two beaver huts.

I have hiked here for years. A few years ago they made it on leash for dogs which I personally think is great for the main trail which is the one most travelled. I take some of the small out of the way trails and will unleash there. I maybe run into a few hikers a few times a year on the off trails. The big loop is wonderful to run on and isn't horribly tough as long as you go right at the main fork. I made the mistake the 1st time of taking the left in the fork and ended up walking up 'that hill'. You only make that mistake once lmao Quiet area but can be a bit buggy during that time of year or towards dusk. Still one of my favorite places to hike though.

great to take dogs and Mountain biking

Beautiful day for a hike. The last mile was tough. Almost enough to make it "moderate"?

Terrific! Can't wait to return.

Nice trails. Got there at dusk, a little buggy. Saw a hawk and two owls!

Wonderful wide trails, pretty woods and pond. Good hill exercise!

Nice, open trails. Giant hill was unexpected.

Beautiful trails. HUGE hill at the 2 mile mark that I was NOT ready for. Next time I will do it in reverse and start out going to the left. Dean pond is gorgeous. Worth the effort

My first time out. Much harder than I thought! HUGE hill at the 2 mile mark. Turned into a part hike. At first, a dragonfly landed on me and I thought I had a chance..... Nope. All in all.... A good experience. Will come back now that I know what to expect.

Use the loop trail 3-4 times a week. Love it. Peaceful, clean, easy walk. Took Nuthatch Trail with my husband last weekend. It has some spots with hills...great workout. Also snow shoe there in the winter. Well marked....maps and parking available. A GREAT SPOT

Took my 8 month Viszla/Pit mix on 3.3. Finn had a great time. Nice size trails and peaceful. Going back to checkout other trails.

Excellent trails to walk with dog. Wide, so less likely to get ticks on you.
Note: This park is Dogs Must be leashed. I was walking with my dog (leashed) on Sat. 8/9/14 and a German Shephard came out of nowhere and attacked my dog (we were on Whitehall Rd trail). The attach drew blood! I was hollering and quite scared. Two joggers came by about 3 minutes later and the dog resumed his run with them. Neither of these 2 men called the dog over or acknowledged that their dog had attached mine. Boy was I and am I totally pissed. This is very ignorant behavior. Please beware of this German Shepherd off leash with Runners.

Unbearably buggy. Could not move stop without being bombarded.

Had a great day at this state forest. I took the Loop Road to the Middle Road, then to Whistling Cave. Whistling Cave ends on Park Rd (not really roads, wide everyone type paths). I then took Park around to the Nuthatch trail, back to Loop Road to finish off. Was about 5.5 miles. Had a few hills, one decent hill. Had to work my way over some streams (early spring). It was lovely.