Big Ring Trail Farmersville Road Loop Trail

Big Ring Trail Farmersville Road Loop Trail is a 2.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Marstons Mills, MA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

A great place smack in the middle of Cape Cod. Descent elevation changes & challenging climbs, but a lot of trails are flat but fun. A great place to get lost for an hour or a day.

I got a little lost. Started at race ln. Wound up by the airport. Walked up race ln to start. Began at 2:30 back at 4:45.very nice walk with my dog.

great variety from wide open paths to bike trails

Although the route depicted on this map is in the same conservation area as the "Trail of Tears", it is not the challenging mountain biking, trail running or hiking route that you may have heard about. This route starts off easy and flat and then climbs up and along one of the many ridges in the glacial moraine. One of the reviewers was correct that the elevation does not get higher that about 175 ft. This may be causing some confusion as to the title.

The Cape Cod NEMBA and the town of Barnstable have good maps of the entire area on their websites. If you're looking for a bit more challenging bike, run, or hike, the actual "Trail of Tears" is best accessed where the power lines cross the Service Rd. Just off exit 5 of Route 6 in West Barnstable.

I regularly run the trails in this area and love the diversity that can be found here. Whether I'm going for a easy, flat jaunt, a challenging hilly run, or a combination of the two, there are many trails that allow for that and I have yet to be bored!

"Trail of Tears?" I suppose it sounds more dramatic than "A Nice Walk in the Woods" which it is. I'm grateful that the Town of Barnstable and other groups have set aside land like this. It reminds me of what the Cape was like when I was a kid and it was rural and undeveloped outside of the main villages.
This was a pleasant walk and you can easily string together trails to get some distance.

P.S. This is a great place to play airsoft, just recently got back from a match, i personally think that it's better than going to a field.

Trail of tears is the best on the cape.
Nice flowing trails, some twisting. Fast, very little rocks. Good variety also. You even have the power lines. Small climbs, but enough to test you.

I did a part of this trail with family. It was nice, but I don't understand why the site says its 1295 ft elevation. I don't think there is a place on Cape Cod that high. The highest point in the area is just under 300 ft. I believe that the whole conservation area is 1200 acres. That might be the mistaken elevation gain.
I think this trail system is a biking paradise, especially for the limited access in the region.

Its a pretty area, well marked trails at intersections, good local hiking. I will go back with the dog.

This trail is awesome! The single track is fast and fun. You can get a really nice pace going. The trail is a true single track, not to technically difficult. A couple nice climbs but not hard just enough to get your blood pumping. Be careful you can get lost very easily here. There is no markers! Ride hard, ride fast and have fun.

Get lost for an hour or a whole day. There are so many great routes to go through this area. It would be a favorite even if it wasn't the closest trail to me.