Swift River

Swift River is a 4.5 mile point-to-point trail located near Belchertown, MA and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking, fishing, and canoeing and is accessible from April until October.

4.5 miles Point to Point

fly fishing

Great for fresh water fishing.. Areas of strong current. My father and I used to wade out with our thigh high fishing boot amongst the boulders near the sides of part of this river..fell in a few times..lol..the fresh air,clear water& sounds of nature make this the perfect place to destress

whitewater kayaking

Very pretty & peaceful. Great for kayaking or canoeing. A lot of shade. Definitely Bring bug-spray if you're there after sunset!

The freshest water in Western Mass! The Swift River is fantastic for kayaking. A gentle meandering river just as it comes out of the Quabbin Reservoir.

nice flat easy trail follows the river nicely like 3/4 the way down a guy has a sweet campsite with a cute sign trail runs next to a fish and game club for a while with other trails branching off into that so watch out

This was my Local Spot. Still is, but further upstream. Before an unfortunate accident we were able to jump off the damn and rope swing, but now it is all fenced in. The trail itself is flat and straight. When you get to the end though there is a place we use to call the Red Bridge, but if I'm not mistaken they eventually painted it green. You can jump off of it into the river. The water is as FRESH as can be flowing from the Quabbin Reservoir.