Summit Loop - Peaked Mountain Preserve

Summit Loop - Peaked Mountain Preserve is a 2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Monson, MA that features a great forest setting. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Relatively easy wooded hike with a few minor rock scrambles near the top. Peaked Mountain Preserve contains numerous forest trails and the Summit Loop which provides nice views from several rocky outcroppings. Well marked trails. Maps available at parking lot or online.

Hiked peaked summit loop for the first time on Oct 13, it was a great hike with gorgeous views. Trails are very easy to follow and well maintained. Look forward to going back soon to take in the peak fall foliage!
Only negative was running into multiple dogs off leash. I was hiking with my two dogs, who are always leashed, and I don't appreciate when I have to hold back my two because yours is roaming freely and walking up to us. I don't care how friendly your dog is they should be leashed.
Happy hiking!

Did the summit loop with my dog. I'm not sure I'd rate that trail as easy. If you're not in good shape or you have weak ankles, you'll find this trail to be a minor challenge. It's nearly 100% uphill and about 80% of the trail has jagged rocks jutting out. There's a couple real large boulders along the way that act as seats if you need to catch your breath like me.

Once you reach the summit it's all worth it though. The view is astounding.

Took the Orchard Trail, the mosquitos were relentless but still a nice hike, cleared a lot a spider webs all well lol, def suggest the Summit loop instead!

This was an amazing hike. The red trail was great. Great views and rocks to climb. There is a little mailbox that you can write a note in a book for all the visitors. Loved this hike!

Great hike to start the new year.

its a nice trail can make it 10 + miles also associated with the miller tract down the road also very nice