Southern New England Trunkline Trail

Southern New England Trunkline Trail is a 22.9 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Franklin, MA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

22.9 miles 1331 feet Point to Point

What seemed to be a pretty good trail from the site, turned out to be a huge disappointment. The bugs were awful! The trail felt like you were in someone's backyard the entire time.

We made it a mile in and then back due to the bugs. Wouldn't go back without a full body suit.

Lots of offshoots I think in the Franklin State Park. I didn't see any people except on the main trail. I'm from NY and looked for something quick while my husband was in work meetings. I would definitely come back and explore more.

The hiking portion of the trail is really short. The rest of the trail is for motorized vehicles so we kept having to stand to the side while dirt bikes drove by. Would have been a nice hike without dealing with that.

Some information for trail entrances, parking, directions, and conditions: