Rattlesnake Knob

Rattlesnake Knob is a 4.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Granby, MA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

The trail head is off of Bay Road in Amherst, MA.

Great thanksgiving morning hike with family and 3 dogs. Great view from 1st summit and over the other side the Horse Caves were very cool. Now I'm ready to eat some turkey!

Ran this trail with a pup one evening after work -- not too heavy with traffic and well marked. The lookout at Rattlesnake Knob is stunning on a clear day... I'll definitely cruise this route again. Oh, and there's a nice stream about .75mi in for the pup to cool off (especially on the way back down).

Rattlesnake Knob can be reached by many trails or combinations of trails (Ken Cuddeback, Metacomet Monadnock, Robert Frost, Brookbank, and several others). Many of these trails are not on Alltrails. The Skinner & Mt Holyoke Range State Park trail map from DCR (available at the Notch) works fine.
It can be easily accessed by hiking mostly on the Robert Frost trail from the Notch, by the Metacomet Monadnock trail (via Mt Norwottuck and the Horse Caves) from the Notch, or can be an easy one hour 3 mile loop hike from several trailheads on Bay Road. The most straightforward route is the Ken Cuddeback trail (blue blazes) from Bay Road.

There is a view to the East of Long Mountain and a view to the North, but nothing remarkable. It's very buggy!

It was a nice peaceful hike!

Wish I saw Matt Kline's comment in time. I followed the directions on the site and ended up staring at some marshland wondering where the trail was . . .

Came via the M&M to RK. Small area beautiful view of Long Mtn. I think if I simply came here to hike to RK I would have been disappointed simply because of how small the lookout area is. My husband and I are section hiking the M&M so this a quick stop on the way back to notch visitor center.

What an excellent hike. Some places make you huff and puff. I recommend the white marked trail because it brings you to 1100 feet of great nature to make you feel invisible. All in all we came, we saw, we ate garlic.

A great hike especially if you're looking to take it a little easy. Moderate on the way up, following the M-M trail and then several options for a meandering stroll back through lovely forest.

This was an amazing hike. From the multiple beaver ponds (and all the beaver chewed logs, to the horse caves, to the most breath taking views from the tops of the mountain. I had such an amazing day. I would recommend this hike to anyone looking for a moderate to demanding hike.