Race Brook Falls and Mount Everett

Race Brook Falls and Mount Everett is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sheffield, MA that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from April until October.

I hiked this in July, so the falls weren't really the goal. The ascent to the AT is tough, but the last mile to the peak of Mt. Everett is the real calf-buster. For those who have the time, or those who want an easier and much more rewarding view, go south on the AT to Mt. Race. It's only about 35min to the summit, and 360-degree views. You can see Mt. Greylock on a clear day.

a liitle slick on the way down from Everett on the A.T. but the falls were running!

Let me preface by saying I have been hiking for a few months and went with a more experienced hiker - this was a bust for us. Parking was easy, we started the trail fine, but it was poorly marked and we were quickly lost again and again. We kept finding ourselves following the brook which is along the trail for a bit but it diverts without clear direction. The falls were dried when we went but there were markers leading up to them, and then again, no clear marker as to which way after. We eventually summitted the actual falls (don't do this!) and then went back to the car and headed to Bash Bish for a more clearly marked adventure. The brook and moss were pretty but we spent two hours meandering about, really.

Good trail, but no real clear views from the summit. The falls were also dry, so I'll go back.

Nice and challenging trail with some interesting points along the way. The view from the top is blocked by vegetation in most directions which is disappointing after a trail of this difficulty but I still enjoyed myself.

Hiked south from parking area at the end of the Mt. Everett Road to Mt. Everett peak and then on to Mt. Race peak on the Appalachian Trail. Trail mostly easy on rock slabs with a section of moderate incline on the way up and down the south side of Everett. Much enjoyed lunch on Race with 360 degree views. Excellent 4-5 mile, 4 hour hike including return.

Hiked to upper falls but only a trickle.

Hiked to upper falls but only a trickle of water.

Great hike if you're looking for a workout! However, this hike and the summit of mount Everett offer little to no views.

Difficult to follow blue markers but this app helped when we got lost. Strenuous and satisfying. Sometimes slippery.

Speaking of beauty I rate this trail a 5 star..
I am really an I shape hiker so the challenge I give it a 4 star :-)
I like this hike. Started off at 41 from race brook to Mt. Everett BUT before me and my life partner got to Mt. Everett we ran into the white blazes (followed blue blazes up), and when we went on white we ended up on the AT which is cool to. That was 1.2 miles of ledge with a spectacular view. That AT trail we took we just followed the white blazes down and almost made it to Sages Revene, but running low on energy by this point and cutting it close on day light we turned back about 2 miles before Sages Revene.

All together we did 12.2 miles with the in and back...

I should've mentioned, We deviated from the listed trail.

Awesome trail, a long steep ascent up Race Brook Falls then on up to the AT. south on the AT to Connecticut through beautiful ravines and over ridges passing many mountain streams. Then follow the under mountain trail down to the parking area. Bring two cars(one at each end)or do a 20 mile out and back.

Beautiful waterfall. Steep climbs but very manageable when dry.

Looking for suggestions for Aug 2016 hike. Berkshire area (VT, NH, MA,CT).Three women, first time want to hike 2 nights with gear, some on the AT. Have done some hiking w/o pack. Planning between 5-7 miles each day. Prefer campsite to campsite (we'd make reservations) but will consider a shelter (not sure what we do if they are full).

Steep incline. A lot of fun

Awesome went up to the upper falls and hung out for a while. Wasn't to cold, and waterfall was raging due to rain past couple of weeks. Steep walk up to the falls but not too bad.