Perkins Farm Trail

Perkins Farm Trail is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Worcester, MA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

rails trails

The trails were pretty. I didn't really find the "lake" mentioned in the description, but I did not go down all trails. The low rating is due to the very large amount of broken glass on some of the main trails- so much that it couldn't be easily avoided. I went on the trails with my two dogs and found myself panicking when I realized we were surrounded by broken glass... Otherwise, the trails are obvious, well marked, nicely labeled, the scenery is beautiful and the location/parking is super convenient! I just would be careful with dogs- be super vigilant or put some dog boots on them.

Since I live locally this is the easiest trail to my house. Cons: The parking is behind the Stop and Shop on Grafton Street, tends to be an area with local kids drink and hang out in their cars. Also not a lot of trail options, I tend to do 2-3 loops and hit all the small trails in the center or go on "Closed Trails" that go by the railroad tracks. Pros: 1/4 mile from my house and the trails are quiet for being in such a populated area.