Overlook Trail

Overlook Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Williamstown, MA that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Overlook Trail can be considred primarily a connector trail between the Hopper Trail and the Summit of Mt. Greylock. It offers one scenic vista with limited views and easy to moderate terrain. Begins at Mt. Greylock Summit and descends through varying ups and downs to the Hopper Trail. You may also take the trail from the Hopper to the Summit.

Absolutely lovely. A great place to be one & reconnect with nature

I think I would have enjoyed this trail more if I had hit it earlier in the day. At the point we reached this trail we had already been out hiking for about 8 hours. The trail was a bit more than we were expecting but not difficult. Don't let the name fool you however into thinking you're going to get terrific views because there is only one vista with limited views. Perhaps in the fall or early spring before the leaves fill the trees the views would be better.