Mount Tom Memorial Trail

Mount Tom Memorial Trail is a 5.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Holyoke, MA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trail through Mt. Tom to the B-17 Memorial , summit Mt. Tom and return to the Rt. 141 side of the Mt. Tom State Reservation. Begin on the 141 side of the Mt. Tom State Reservation (park on Mt. Joe coffee shop). Enter and follow white blazes. As you ascend, the trail will split, orange to the right and white to the left. Follow the orange trail blazes. You will cross a service road and then come across the B-17 memorial to the victims of a July 1946 crash into Mt. Tom. To the left of the memorial, the trail continues and merges again with the white blazed M & M trail. Be sure to head left to the summit of Mt. Tom and then follow the white blazes down to return to Rt. 141.

Really beautiful trail, and amazing views. The trail follows the edge a bit and gave me vertigo at times. We took a trail up and the road down, which shortened the hike a little, but we got to see the B17 crash site, which made for an all around interesting day!

Spent 3 hours hiking over 5 miles. Didn't run into many people other than on service roads. Had my friends dog with me and he loved it. We parked at the first parking lot off of Reservation Rd by Lake Bray. We didn't see the memorial but we took Keystone Trail/Extension, Quarry Trail, M&M Trail, Dynamite Trail, McCool Trail then service road up to Eyrie House Ruins. On the way back we took M&M trail to T Bagg Trail

This is a beautiful trail. There is a great view of the river a few yards off the trail about halfway in. The B-17 Memorial is beautiful too. Though longer, it is a much more gradual climb to the summit of Mt. Tom than the M&M trail. Of the times I've taken this trail, I've rarely seen anyone on this trail. Once you cross over the service road to the M&M it does get increasingly difficult, meaning more rocks to climb up.