Mount Toby Trail

Mount Toby Trail is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sunderland, Massachusetts that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1 Parking area is on Reservation Rd in Sunderland. Reservation rd starts in Montague then over the town line to Sunderland.

Awesome trail great views good challenge

Make sure you start at the correct spot! I didn't start where the official entrance was, unbeknownst to me. I ended up lost for 2 hours thinking I was on the "loop" but really I was on a side trail. All the side trails are marked red, which made me SO LOST trying to find my way back. Also, the red and orange markers look very similar in some parts. This area could really use some updating especially due to the fact that all the non main trails are marked red, and I was never able to find a map online to help me find my way back. I had to climb all the way back up the mountain and down again to come out in the correct spot.

View at the top of the tower is very nice.

Great trail for training, and not too many people. It has a good amount of uphill, lots of opportunity for variation on routes, and a great view when you get to the top and climb the fire tower. it's an awesome hike for dogs as well, good visibility, pretty consistent terrain (no need to worry about rocks or tender paws), 97% in the shade. Just bring a good amount of water for both of you if you are going on a hot or humid day. Have fun!

Amazing hiking and perfect for a day hike, Hiked with my 13 year old and had a great time. Love this app, it helped with timing and so much more!