Mount Pisgah Conservation Area Trail

Mount Pisgah Conservation Area Trail is a 2.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Berlin, Massachusetts that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

I've done this one a few times. Easy enough for kids. Can make it short or long depending on how much time you want to spend.

The view at the end of the Mentzner Trail is decent for the area. On a clear day you can see Boston.

Because it's so close to home, this is a repeat spot for me.

Make sure you understand the map of the trail before you begin !

I like to trail run/jog/walk. This trail has many offshoot paths that can keep you in the woods for a good 4 miles. I'll admit I got lost and spent a little longer on the trail than I had planned. I parked by Tougas Farm (great for apple picking) and jogged to the Ball/Smith Street entrance. You have to pay attention to where you are landing your feet as there is plenty of rocks and roots to derail you. Some people find this annoying, I like it because it keeps me focused. The trails offered EASY, MODERATE, and DIFFICULT hiking/running. Highly recommend...become one with nature!!!

LOTS of roots and rocks.

Great for a quick ride after work. Bugs are ferocious and trails are limited. But the terrain is technical, awesome downhill section past the north view area.

Nice wide trail. I don't remember there being too many bugs (maybe some May flies). Decent view at the top.

Beautiful spot.

decent trails, the "summit" was a little deceiving but the north and south views were nice

Very slippery hike on the first day of the new year!! Would be very easy on dry trails, nice view, would like to come back (with my ice cleats) and explore some more!!

Lots of options to have a short walk or a very long walk. Great views similar to larger mountain hikes

It was a nice 40 degree day in mid November. Took my young kids,6 & 8, out for the loop and we all had a great time. A nice 1 and a half hour walk with great views. I am looking to begin snowshoeing and think that this would be a great place to try it out.

Easy trails with two scenic overviews with flat rocky areas for sitting and backpacking in your lunch. Distance to either overlook is about 30-45 minutes (90-minutes round trip). Mentzer trail (yellow) brings you to North view. Sparrow trail (red) brings you to South view. Recommend starting hike no later than 4p in the fall to hike in enough daylight to see stones/tree roots on trails. On a clear day, the views are quite impressive and worth the hike!