Mount Norwottuck

Mount Norwottuck is a 3.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Amherst, Massachusetts that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Highest peak in the Holyoke range, has commanding views of the entire pioneer valley. The loop for Mt. Norwottuck combines the Robert Frost trail (orange) and the M&M trail (white). Start from the Visitor's Center on the combined Robert Frost trail and M&M Trail (orange & white). Stay left on the Robert Frost (orange) when the M&M splits off. Eventually you will reconnect with the M&M, and there you will stay right on go onto the M&M Trail (white). You will then begin an ascent to the summit through ledges. From the summit continue to follow the M&M trail (white) down and eventually you will rejoin the Robert Frost trail (orange) where you split off on the way up. Stay left on the combined Robert Frost (orange) and M&M trail (white) to get back to the visitor center.

Great thanksgiving day morning hike! Great views from the top and horse caves very cool. Dogs were challenged to slip through the cave area. Now to some turkey!

Great trail. the only reason I didn't give it a five star is because it can get confusing if it's your first time. The blazing can be done better. I didn't run into major issues but I can see that being one for inexperienced hikers.

Overall great hike, with beautiful views. Well marked. White trail gave an aerobic up with fairly easy bouldering, orange portion of the trail was nice and easy.

Beautiful views, but be careful and keep your eye on the trail markers. We got off track and had to call 911 for assistance. They were extremely helpful, but we wish we hadn't had to trouble them.

I used to hike this every day. it's a great hike.

more than expected as far as the view.

Great hike. We took our daughter and her 2 friends along with our dog and had a great time. I found the hike quite easy. The views were amazing

Was such a great workout for me and my dogs, there's so much incline! The struggle to the top was worth it, the view is breath taking!

Beautiful hike!

Great! Happy to see the horse caves along this trail.