Mount Frissell Connecticut Highpoint Trail

Mount Frissell Connecticut Highpoint Trail is a 5.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near South Egremont, MA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Very nice views of the northwest corner of CT.

Started this hike at Under Mountain Trailhead on Route 41. Took Undermountain trail to the Appalachian Trail and hike to summit of Bear Mt. From there hiked to Round Mt and then over to Mt. Frissel. The weather was amazing and views were spectacular, especially with the foliage. 9.6 miles total.

Drove past trailhead since it was not marked. Thick vegetation at beginning, and spooked a large deer. Rattlesnake on rocks of roundtop. Steep rocky scramble, but short distance. Plenty of good views along the way, just not from the summit. Pretty, secluded, and quiet hike.

This was a great hike. The trail can is pretty steep and rocky on the way up. The views at the top were amazing. Not as steep coming back down if you follow the All Trails map but lots of loose rock. You definitely want a good pair of hiking boots probably with ankle support.

hard trail , lot of fun

Absolutely beautiful hike when you reach the top, trails marked decently to follow! Some steep parts and steep climbs so be prepared! But the view is worth the work

Was nearly bit by a rattlesnake on this mtn so beware. Still fun to hike

The trail head is not marked. I followed Brians track. The trail head is north of the Appalachian Trail head. You will pass the AT trail head when heading north and pass another trail head on the east side of the road. Go north and there will be one more trail head on the west with parking on the east and west sides of the road. Park there and the trail head is on the west. Beautiful trail! The view from the peak is non existent as stated previously, but the view just past the MA/CT boarder marker is amazing with the catskills in the back ground! I would highly recommend that trip for any one that is up to the climb

I hiked this Trail from Mt. Washington Road in Salisbury, CT and around the Tri-state marker and down to the Ranger Station in Mt. Washington. Beyond amazing, the steep climb to the top was well worth it.

I have done half of this hike twice and all of it once. I start at the parking area across from the MA/CT marker. Follow trail up Round Mtn and then down and then up Mt Frissell. This is not an easy hike. It is VERY rocky and rooty. I recommend that anyone who hikes this include some bandages and an ice pack or two, along with water and snacks. I have hiked several high points and this is one of the hardest, but a great challenge with great views on Round Mtn.

This review is for a hike that was more than just a Mount Frissell climb. I call it the Tri-State Four Mtn Summit. I have added a track that should help explain the route. I used the Route Planner feature (excellent tool) to map a route that started on Mt. Washington Road and approached Bear Mtn from the back side (from the West). Following the AT over Bear Mtn. I took a right on Bear Mtn Road (it's really just a trail) and followed it back to Mt. Washington Road. I followed Mt Washington Road to South about half a mile and took a trail into the woods heading West that led me up to Brace Mtn in New York (about 1.5 miles from Mt. Washington Road. Then I followed a red blazed trail that took me to the top of Mt Frissell in Massachusetts (absolutely nothing to see on the summit) and then continued on the red blazed trail down Mt. Frissell and up Round Mountain (back in CT) and continued on the red blazed trail back to Mt Washington (about 100 yards from my start point. Temp hit 94 and I completely drained 60 ounces of water. This is a really neat trail but you need to be in shape for it and you need to hydrate well before starting. The track that I followed was 7.19 miles.