Hamlen Woods

Hamlen Woods is a 11.1 mile out and back trail located near Wayland, MA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

11.1 miles Out & Back

Lots of forest trails to explore and the short loop around the reservoir has lovely views. .

Hamlen Woods feels more serene. Lots of homes dot Wayland Conservation - across Rice Rd from Hamlen Woods. Easy. Some sections are up hill and have steps of logs, wooden inlays. Combination of two got me three miles.

Hamlen woods is a mix of SVT-maintained trails and private trails owned by the beautiful Mainstone Farm. There are many loops that can be run from 2,3, and 4 miles in length, however there are currently no maps that show all of the trails. You just have to get to know the place. (I've been running there with my dog for 2 years). The setting is peaceful, timeless, and desolate.

Took the hound out for a perfect romp in the woods, mud, and water. Very quickly escaped from road/human noise. Big area, and on my Saturday midday early June hike I crossed paths with no one (except for a friendly resident dog) and two humans with dogs at the parking lot. The trail I took was not a loop and I ended up walking along somewhat busy Rice Rd for .7 miles--not all that appealing. If I read the signs right a loop is planned for the future. I will go back--very happy dog!