Great Blue Hill Trail

Great Blue Hill Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Milton, MA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until November.

A little steep and very rocky. Hiked up to the tower overlooking the Boston skyline and went further up to the weather tower. Then went back down the red dot trail. It was fun and challenging! Watch where you step though. Easy to role and ankle.

Fun climb with kids. A little dangerous when it is icey.

Very rocky and very steep but very fun and worth it.

Did this hike yesterday (although between the tower construction, and our forgetting to bring a guide book, we couldn't find the south skyline trail from the tower so we went both out and back by the North trail). Short, but still not an easy hike because of a few very steep sections. Excellent views of the hills during the hike, and of course great views of Boston from Eliot Tower. Well worth doing.

I hiked this in June from the main road. I had a hard time finding the small post to head up the Skyline South Trail. There's just one post and a steep incline. The path heads pretty much vertical for the first few minutes of the trail. The terrain starts out with low-level trees and leaves. Lots of loose dirt and dry (at least in June). Then the terrain quickly shifted to rocky with holders to climb over. The trail eased up, but there were quite a few rocks to climb rather than typical hiking. I was quite tired when I reached the top at Eliot Tower. I then took the Skyline North trail back town. I landed at the main trailhead where there is a restroom. The facility smelled but was otherwise clean! I did a quick tick check and then headed for the car. I think in total this loop I did was 5+ miles (South Skyline to Eliot Tower and back to North Skyline).

A nice place for a trail walk/ run near the city. A lot of different trails for a variety of needs /workouts.

The Blue Hills trail system is an excellent place to run, hike, bike, cook out, swim. I mainly use it for trail running, and have trained for long obstacle course races here (Big Blue) and trail races. A mixture of terrain, elevation, rolling trails to steep to flat, you can find everything that you are looking for.

On 9/19/2015, my son and I hiked 6 miles in Blue Hills. Perfect day for a hike. Moderate hike. We parked on Chickatawbut Hill Rd. On the corner of rt 28 and Chickatawbut Rd. Not crowded at all for a Saturday. I would definitely return to hike this again.

Short, fun and nice views. Good for kids