Hubbard River Trail

Hubbard River Trail is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Granville, MA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Just a lovely trail. Walking along the water is so wonderful. The sound is tremendous. We will return in many different seasons.

Excellent fall hike

Surprisingly beautiful, a few nice water falls, halfway brook is pretty sweet too.

It is a beautiful hike along the river with paved trails and natural trails definitely will go back loved it

This was a beautiful hike. I took the Hubbard River Trail which starts off as a paved road (gated, so no cars). The pavement ends with a little circle and a trail continues. You are along the river most of the way and there are several areas with beautiful waterfalls. There are also large slabs of bedrock that stick out into the river that would make a nice place to have a picnic. Absolutely beautiful spot!

My initial plan for this hike was to make a loop by doing the Hubbard River Trail to the Ore Hill Trail. (Map on Granville State Forest website). That did not really work out. There are no trail signs or markers. Looking at my GPS track when I got home, it looks like I went all the way to Hartland Hollow Road. It is a dirt road and I couldn't tell if I was on Hartland Hollow or on part of the Ore Hill Trail, which according to the map, is also an unpaved road at the start. I decided to return along the Hubbard River Trail. I did see a trail with a yellow blaze which I now believe was Ore Hill Trail. It did not look well maintained and since I wasn't sure I decided to stick to what I knew. I also tried to find the Woods Trail without success. [One kind of humorous thing - there are two restrooms indicated along the trail. Indeed, it appears there used to be. The men's outhouse appears to have been squashed flat by a big tree. The women's outhouse was about 50 feet away. One door was screwed shut and the other was hanging askew, but it opened (didn't close well) and there were extra rolls of t.p. in there.]

There is definite need of trail maintenance (at least putting up some signs), but it is a beautiful spot.