Freetown Trail

Freetown Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Assonet, MA that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

if you want to hike or take your dog on a walk go somewhere else

Trails are horrible. Dirt bikes everywhere, almost got run over by one flying around the corner. Graffiti was everywhere on trees, rocks, etc. There was really no parking for us. It said, "No parking" in front of the gate so I parked in the street. We walked all the way to the ledge it was a very long walk, where is a bunch of punks out there and walking around and making jokes about falling off the ledge (very disrespectful). We walked all the way back to the car in the car had been towed so now me and my friends are really mad because we already walked like 4 miles in, then we had to walk 21 more miles. Worst trail ever.

geocaching

love this forest beautiful scenery..I go paranormal investing here....

I completed an approximate 9 mile loop today (12/27/17). I parked at the main parking area on Stab Bridge Road and headed south using the trail map found at http://www.mass.gov/eea/docs/dcr/parks/trails/freetown.pdf. I did the 9 miles without ever going south of Copicut Road. The are some trail blazes but the map didn't seem to have colors or specific trail info. Perhaps there is additional information at other websites. In any event this is a huge area and well worth a visit. There are many options for trails and dirt roads. It had rained during the previous night and some of the trails had a lot of standing water, especially where the trials had been eroded. Many of the trails were also rocky so you had to pay attention. Not much elevation change. Some type of blight and/or fires have killed many trees which is unfortunate but it did make for some interesting landscapes. I look forward to completing other sections of the trail system.

We didn't go to profile rock but we did walk around the park. It was a good hike, while the trails were marked it wasn't always clear which trail was what. The park is nice and quite, you can only hear nature which is always wonderful.
Our dog really liked all of the frogs in the area. Next time we plan on going to profile rock. I only gave it 3 stars because of the confusing trails and the amount of bugs.

I really had a great time here. Went on a two-person hike earlier this year, and the trails have plenty to offer. A bunch of options to fine tune your hike's length and difficulty. Great terrain, hills, foliage, etc. I only give it a 3 because the big attraction, the giant rock that overlooks Freetown/Fall River, was tagged with graffiti and littered with cans and trash. Just a shame that such a beautiful place is marred by ignorance.

Took this trail during the winter, after a snow storm. Very pleasant and beautiful nature walk. The occasional frozen pond was fun for the dog, but nerve-wrecking for me.

off road driving

Was there once, might have to find a different place to start. Paths were covered and hard to find and it was too close to homes backyards. Was not too impressed but will give it another try. Nice beginner path.

off road driving

I definitely recommend you take your Jeep here! Don't forget to let out a bit of air from your tires (some parts are very rocky/pointy due to fill-ins from the winter). And pack a lunch and have a picnic up at the ledge over the quarry (Enter Ledge Rd. off High Street). Hiking's not bad either, but this is a great place to LEGALLY off-road!

Not a bad place for a new hiker.