Eel River Preserve

Eel River Preserve is a 3.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Plymouth, MA that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Beautiful wildlife. Hawks, turtles, ducks, white tailed deer & beaver. Bring a camera!!! Sand/bog loop trail that leads to other amazing woodland loop offshoot trails. Very well maintaned!!!

Probably is a nice trail but we didn't get very far before we were covered in ticks and had to turn around. People weren't kidding about the ticks, they are bad!

the trail was nice but the ticks are insane I have never seen so many in my life we found 8 on my son's jacket alone with bug spray

The ticks are bad on the main trail, but if you cross Long pond road and hike the other side you come to a trail that leads down to a bridge where once stood an old dam, you can take it to the powerlines. However you won't get to see all the Atlantic white cedar trees that are present long the main trail

We stopped after 1/2 mile because of ticks. Thought we might have lost the trail until we saw a dog waste station. That is when we discovered we were all covered in ticks. I picked at least a dozen off me.

Nice trail but omg ticks!!! Good for a nice flat trail run and pretty scenery but leave your shoes outside and check yourself over. I've never seen so many ticks!!