Douglas Forest Wallis Pond Loop Trail

Douglas Forest Wallis Pond Loop Trail is a 5.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Douglas, MA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful spot, very quiet and off the grid. Hike with my dog for 3 hours and only saw 6 people, 4 horses. I prefer more narrow trails but the scenery and peacefulness made up for the wide, dirt path.

I took the Bill Annese trail, the trail itself was in great shape. The reason I gave 3 stars was the complete lack of signs of any kind once you left the trail head. There's lots of side trails so it's easy to get turned around.

We ride our horses there often and know most of the trails. Avoid midstate trails if horseback riding as it's the rockiest. Recommend boots for barefoot horses. We usually ride 6-7 mi from Wallis St or South St parking areas. Deer fly season is when to skip it.

There are so many trails to choose from in The park. What we did was the coffeehouse loop and it was great!

Great easy snowshoe trail. We did not do the whole trail, just the wide flat parts. Wish the trails had better signage.

Beautiful. Easy and a great family day.

Great relaxing trail.

Amazing

Great trail to hike with your dog. It was pretty easy and the trail was nice and wide. Not a lot of people which was nice, too. Be careful of the horse poo on the outside wider trails. Otherwise, it was a great fall afternoon woodsy walk.

Great trail, easy walking and a great view of Bad Luck Pond

Just hiked this trail today...absolutely beautiful...as a new hiker and a bilateral amputee this was a perfect start for me :-) highly recommend this for anyone....just watch out for the horse poo though! Enjoy!

Did the coffee house loop trail 2.2 miles. Easy trail lots of work has been completed on the loop. Trail was 8' wide throughout. Nice walk tons of rocks. I saw 3 deer on my trek. I got to the loop from the Airline Trail which is also a nice hike on the easy side and many different opportunities to loop into other trails. At one point I was on the mid state trail too. Mid state and Coffee house loop trails were marked well. Airline trail is obvious trail wide and straight with minor incline really not difficult to get off this trail. Many great hikes in the Douglas state forest.

Did the Coffee House loop this morning with my dog. Suddenly blue dots disappeared and I got a little lost. Ended up walking 6 miles, but it was a perfect day for this!