Douglas Forest Wallis Pond Loop Trail

Douglas Forest Wallis Pond Loop Trail is a 5.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Douglas, Massachusetts that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful spot, very quiet and off the grid. Hike with my dog for 3 hours and only saw 6 people, 4 horses. I prefer more narrow trails but the scenery and peacefulness made up for the wide, dirt path.

I took the Bill Annese trail, the trail itself was in great shape. The reason I gave 3 stars was the complete lack of signs of any kind once you left the trail head. There's lots of side trails so it's easy to get turned around.

We ride our horses there often and know most of the trails. Avoid midstate trails if horseback riding as it's the rockiest. Recommend boots for barefoot horses. We usually ride 6-7 mi from Wallis St or South St parking areas. Deer fly season is when to skip it.

There are so many trails to choose from in The park. What we did was the coffeehouse loop and it was great!