Cape Cod Canal Trail

Cape Cod Canal Trail is a 14.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Buzzards Bay, MA. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options.

Lots of "Farside" characters

Great trail for walking, running, biking, fishing... While I was running I saw some beautiful birds and fish in and on the water. You also pass by the Aptucxet museum that has flowers, a boat, a house and art gallery. There's restrooms at the visitor center on the trail. Great for all levels.

nature trail was pretty cool with all the informational stops along the way hills and curves which made it more interesting. never finished the canal but plan to this summer

Sunset was beautiful

awsome

Beautiful day. cold wind, nice flat trail for an easy walk.

Good place for a walk. Boats traveling the canal can be a great show. This is also one of my favorite bike trails because there are virtually no hills. Can be a little on the busy side but rarely over crowded.

The canal is always great! We usually just walk it so we've never been all the way to the other end but there's always a nice breeze and great scenery.

Pros~ smooth wide pavement, ocean water, great to watch boats, clean bathrooms at Buzzards Bay entrance, easy & relaxing.
Cons~ boring scenery, too mundane for me, not much of a challenge. I probably won't do this ride again except if I went with a group of people to help make it more excitable.

This is a longboarder's paradise. Riding on this is like riding on a cloud!

great for bicycling, fishing, roller blade, walking or relaxing. I love just watching the boats on a hot day
Camping is near by, on either side of the canal

Great trail ..ride my bike down and back trip its about a 13 mile ride..easy flat surface very relaxing and enjoyable love being from the cape

Enjoyable paved trail, very relaxing, great scenery. I do this with my meetup group and it is enjoyed. Last year we biked both sides of the canal and crossed the bridges but this year we only did one side. Not too far from Boston for a day trip and make sure you get some seafood :)

Enjoyable ride. More foot traffic than I would prefer but everyone seemed to share the trail. Very smooth ride going out with a little head wind coming back. The locals mentioned the area is known for the head wind so expect it. Very relaxing ride taking a little less than 1.5 hours round trip with scenic views. Enjoy!