Bray Lake Loop Trail

Bray Lake Loop Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Holyoke, MA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Mount Tom State Reservation is a 2 mile out and back trail located near Holyoke, Massachusetts that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. One of the most beautiful places I have hiked. I have Hiked this Mt. twice already and plan to head back again. The trails can be easy to moderate, rocky and muddy at times even some ice if your out in late fall. The hike up the the trails is definatley worth the beautiful views. Mt. Tom boasts an unparalleled view of the Connecticut Valley north and south, the Berkshire mountains to the west and the Pelham hills to the east. This 2,082 acre facility offers 20 miles of hiking and walking trails; picnicking; canoeing and fishing on Lake Bray; and cross country skiing and ice skating in the winter. Mt. Tom also offers a children's play area.

Beautiful walking areas. There is a nice easy trail for leisurely walks and a higher intensity trail for those looking for more exercise.

great trail. took the dog.would do it again

Took the dog on the hike and was really nice. Some up and down so interesting. Many off shoot trails that are marked well that will have to be checked out in future.

Great trail to hike. So many other trails lead off for this site you can come back many times and do many different hikes.

My dog loved it.

It was an awesome trail but it lead me to others! I did the "Tea Bag Trail and then ended up going to "Goat Peak" and the reward was a priceless view!

Bray Lake Loop Trail is a nice trail for all ages. It has about 330ft of elevation gain with 410ft of descent. It wraps around Lake Bray with a few nice bridges to stop and have a snap and throw rocks in the water. I recently did this hike with my wife and our three year old. He was entertained most of the time and it was fun for everyone. Total milage is about 2 miles from parking area.

Bray Lake Loop trail: I am a beginner, and this trail was nice.... A few nice hills... I will wear better shoes next time. The lake views were very pretty! I found maps just laying on the ground but it's good to have a trail map just in case... We had to check the map to make sure we were on the correct trail a few times.

Did the entire loop this time. The beginning portion is extremely easy with gravel, wide path. After that it crosses a bridge and then turns to a regular somewhat narrow hiking trail. Not difficult, mostly flat, but be careful after it rains. We went after alot of rain and it was extremely muddy.

The bray lake trail is very easy. My husband and I spent this past weekend hiking various trails on the Mt. Tom Reservation. The day we went on the Bray Lake loop we had parked on reservation road, followed the Link Trail (which didn't appear to see much usage as it was very narrow from growth) then to the Lost Boulder trail (pretty trail through a grassy open area with an environment unlike those seen at other locations on the mountain) and then to the bray lake loop. This loop is wide, very well maintained and an easy hike/walk. We had completed this then went up the road to the T Bagg trail which is more challenging took a left to the M&M trail toward goat peak and back to our car via reservation road. It's a beautiful area to hike.

My son and I hiked yesterday with our dog about 4 hours on mount Tom. Beautiful day but make sure you use deet for yourself and frontline or such for dogs. The deer ticks were the worst we have ever seen, they were all over our golden retriever and our shoes. This is early must be the crazy weather.

Ive been on several different trail on Mt Tom and enjoyed them very much, now that cooler weather is here id like to go on more of them!

I enjoyed the Dino footprints very much and there are quite a few different sets of prints to view. It is worth the trip with kids or other adults and its good if you dont have a lot of time but want to get out of the house!

The ridge line trail is strenuous to moderate hike depending on which end you start on. More so if you start out on rt. 141 by the Log Cabin, than if you start out inside the reservation by the stone visitor's center. Beautiful fall hike offering great views of the valley. Only real drawback is the graffiti and broken glass. The gate closes at six pm and I have seen people locked in, who have had to call the police to get out after hours.

Definitely a nice, challenging trail. The radio towers and "ruins" at the top are pretty cool. Most views are of the suburban Pioneer Valley, however, which leave something to be desired.

A nice, tough day hike. Can be done in a few hours but the going is pretty steep. Bring plenty of water and enjoy the view!!