Bernard Farm Trail

Bernard Farm Trail is a 5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near North Adams, MA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until October.

Trail from the Mt Greylock auto road entrance from the Nort Adams side to the top of Mt. Greylock. This is primarily a woodsy hike top to bottom. Well marked blue blazes until the AT, which is white. Easy to follow even when blazes weren't visible, which occured but was rare. There's an old plane crash wreckage on the left side of the trail about 80% way up. After intersecting the AT, we headed to the summit of Mt. Greylock which was not much more than a 2.4 mile stroll untill the last little bit which was quite steep, but not treacherous. Good views in places.

Marked well, nice hike to the summit.

I give this trail 5 stars because it was such a peaceful hike. I saw NO ONE until the AT. I
I hiked the loop and the fall foliage was so amazing that in the sunshine, it felt like I was walking through a painting.
I would not rate this trail as even remotely hard however. It was quite a nice walk over a small mountain.

Very nice hike. 8 miles up and back. Took Bernard Farm Trail from the Notch Road trailhead. Two miles up to link with the AT South and two more miles to the summit. Reversed course to come back down. Didn't see a single person until reaching the AT.

Not very steep and not a lot of rocks. Scrambling over rocks can be tough on the feet and knees and I'm glad to say this trail had little of that really. I was in a hurry and did it in 3:45 hours.

Interesting note: Coming back down the trail, saw a large fiberglass piece of "trash". But what I've read since doing this hike was that a plane crashed near the trail about 25 years ago killing two people. What I saw was the size of a wing and it was right off the trail among some downed coniferous trees. I thought it was trash because I didn't see anything else nearby.

Wonderful hike! Definitely recommend but be ready for some steep inclines!

Good trail. Definitely going to give you a workout on the way up to the AT junction. Very quiet, light crowds and periods of steep incline. A little off the trail, you'll find the plane wreckage from a 1989 plane crash. Be sure to be respectful as 2 people died in this crash. Chose this trail because I was doing Thoreau's Footsteps (suggested hike) and wanted a more gradual ascent than the Bellows Pipe Trail.

Went here last weekend solo to hike the black diamond trails. Did the hanging rock ridge, well worth it. Great view from the end and pretty manageable .

Hiked to the summit of greylock via this trail. Couple sections are steep and really work you out, bring water. It was all worth it when we got to the top