Bash Bish Falls Trail

Bash Bish Falls Trail is a 2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Mt Washington, MA that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

fly fishing

off road driving

rock climbing

skiing

Directions from Copake Falls, NY: Take County Road 344 east for a mere .7 mile to reach the Bash Bish Falls Trailhead.

My family and I started on the NY side. The trail ran mostly alongside a beautiful stream with many prominent signs specifying "no swimming." Given the many posts about the great swimming, I found this quite amusing. The hike was slippery because of all the leaves and recent rain. Saw many pups along the route... some muddier than others. Easy incline the whole way. The waterfall was a beautiful sight although decending the steps with the ice on the ground was a bit tricky. Beautiful clear water! The waterfall at the end was worth the icy stairs. I'm sure this hike is beautiful in the warmer months! Good for pups and kids.

Loved this! Made the drive out from Southeastern MA for the day with my pup and met a friend from NY with her pup. It was a little late in the season so one trail was closed (from the MA side), but definitely will be back in spring and next fall! Can't wait to see the falls when we get some more rain and at the peak of fall foliage season!

we went for our one year anniversary. The falls were amazing. There was a wedding shoot going on also.

Easy in and out - well, it's a nice effort full hike up to the MA parking lot from the falls for sure but it's short and definitely a nice trip that I would couple with another Mt Washington hike or take friends to for a picnic. Cute area!

Such dreamy falls. The hike is really quick to the falls and the pay off is big. There are actually a lot more trails to explore nearby so this part of the southern Taconics has a lot to offer. I recommend going early in the day or on a week day as it can get a big crowded, which is the only draw back. You can even sneak a swim in! The water was really cold but so clean and refreshing. There's a little mini hike above the trail head which gives you an amazing view of the two mountains you're nestled in. The AMC book "Best Day Hikes in the Catskills and Hudson Valley" has a great trail in their book through Bash Bish. It's about 3.5 miles!

Beautiful falls. Easy walk from parking area. Made a loop of it but don't recommend when damp or wet out as some parts are very slippery and steep. I even second guessed myself on the loop in parts. Visit the falls and go back same way.

Love it here! Such a beautiful place to go!!

Very easy trail going down the mountain to the falls. This is one of my favorite places to visit when it's warm out. The falls are amazingly gorgeous as the river is crystal clear, great for swimming and exploring. The area around the falls in heavily trafficked and visited but you can get more privacy by hiking down stream. Love love love this place!

Beautiful trail. We found it to be very easy to access and hike. We came in from the top on the MA side, I would not consider the hike moderate, I think even the most inexperienced hiker in average shape could manage it, the trail is a gradual 300 ft incline over 4/10 of a mile, there are built in stairs and rock steps. A short walk for a lazy afternoon. We actually hiked down deeper and found a private swimming hole, very serene spot to read and cool off.

Excellent

Amazing waterfall! Definitely worth the drive from the Boston area!

This was a great hike. Getting down to the river was fairly easy. The hike back up was steep and a little challenging. From the Massachusetts parking lot, head up to the summit. It's definitely not to be missed! Great place to eat lunch and less people hanging out than down at the falls.

My one complaint was that it was really busy and quite difficult to find a moment of peace to enjoy the falls.

Parked at MA parking went down and back with my 4 year old. He's pretty resilient. Great short hike with lots of fun. Scenic overlook was tough; but oddly the way back, uphill, seemed easier than going down. Waterfall was beautiful and populated with visitors on a Sunday. Loved it!