Bash Bish Falls Trail

Bash Bish Falls Trail is a 0.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Mt Washington, MA that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

fly fishing

off road driving

rock climbing

skiing

Directions from Copake Falls, NY: Take County Road 344 east for a mere .7 mile to reach the Bash Bish Falls Trailhead.

Such dreamy falls. The hike is really quick to the falls and the pay off is big. There are actually a lot more trails to explore nearby so this part of the southern Taconics has a lot to offer. I recommend going early in the day or on a week day as it can get a big crowded, which is the only draw back. You can even sneak a swim in! The water was really cold but so clean and refreshing. There's a little mini hike above the trail head which gives you an amazing view of the two mountains you're nestled in. The AMC book "Best Day Hikes in the Catskills and Hudson Valley" has a great trail in their book through Bash Bish. It's about 3.5 miles!

Beautiful falls. Easy walk from parking area. Made a loop of it but don't recommend when damp or wet out as some parts are very slippery and steep. I even second guessed myself on the loop in parts. Visit the falls and go back same way.

Love it here! Such a beautiful place to go!!

Very easy trail going down the mountain to the falls. This is one of my favorite places to visit when it's warm out. The falls are amazingly gorgeous as the river is crystal clear, great for swimming and exploring. The area around the falls in heavily trafficked and visited but you can get more privacy by hiking down stream. Love love love this place!

Beautiful trail. We found it to be very easy to access and hike. We came in from the top on the MA side, I would not consider the hike moderate, I think even the most inexperienced hiker in average shape could manage it, the trail is a gradual 300 ft incline over 4/10 of a mile, there are built in stairs and rock steps. A short walk for a lazy afternoon. We actually hiked down deeper and found a private swimming hole, very serene spot to read and cool off.

Excellent

Amazing waterfall! Definitely worth the drive from the Boston area!

This was a great hike. Getting down to the river was fairly easy. The hike back up was steep and a little challenging. From the Massachusetts parking lot, head up to the summit. It's definitely not to be missed! Great place to eat lunch and less people hanging out than down at the falls.

My one complaint was that it was really busy and quite difficult to find a moment of peace to enjoy the falls.

Parked at MA parking went down and back with my 4 year old. He's pretty resilient. Great short hike with lots of fun. Scenic overlook was tough; but oddly the way back, uphill, seemed easier than going down. Waterfall was beautiful and populated with visitors on a Sunday. Loved it!

The trail that takes you to the falls from the NY parking lot is very pretty but mostly a slow upward slope of a walk. You see the river next to you along the way, instead of taking the trail my friends walked along the river and found swimming holes that were amazing and not crowded with people. We hiked the mountain behind the falls, it was very steep and involved upper body strength to pull yourself up at times, well at least for a person as short as I am. I loved it! Got a great workout and then saw the waterfalls after.

Not much of a workout if coming from the NY parking lot, but is rocky and small hills alongside the waterfall sounds and a beautiful, crystal clear dream for 3/4 of a mile. Very dog friendly, my labrador loved it. The falls are gorgeous, though even at 8am on a weekday, there are other people around. still got some time to ourselves on the rocks near the view. Worth the trip and lots of more strenuous, longer trails nearby if making a day of it. Trails also very clean.

Glenn onoko in Jim Thorpe Pa used to be my favorite but I connected with this hike on a different level. I felt more of a spiritual connection and just have an unexplainable love for this day!! awesome place! if you go venture down the stream instead of just go to see the waterfall. It was a ton a fun!

Moderate length hike, but have to go slow going down to falls from parking lot. Great looking falls and powerful. Hiking back to parking lot was very steep and strenuous, had to stop a few times while with 10 year old grandson. All in all a good workout.

This is the tallest waterfall in Mass, and it is impressive. Check out my full write up which includes directions and things to look out for.

The water is so clean , the views to die for ... This waterfall will not let you down... Hard on the way back up ... So bring something to eat before you walk up for energy ... So glad i got to see this waterfall... You will be seeing alot more of me on here for sure...

Went with two friends and had a great time. We didn't follow the nature trail from where we parked we went down in the river and hiked rock to rock until we reached enormous boulders and were getting close to the falls. The actual trail is about 45 ft straight up to your left which we had to climb up the dirt wall to get to the trail and to the falls. We walked along the path then down to the falls which were beautiful. There was no one surveilling the area so a few of us jumped in. There are trails/minor rock scramble behind the falls if you go over a small wooden bridge and keep right. There is a wire fence that kind of leads the way. Definitely more strenuous than just a nature trail and a lot more fun!