Ashland Reservoir Trail

Ashland Reservoir Trail is a 3.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Ashland, MA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

canoeing

Ashland Reservoir is located near Hopkinton, Massachusetts. The trail is primarily used for canoeing and is accessible from April until October. A trail network exists that encircles the lake. Dogs are welcome on the trails. Staying tight to the water gives you a 3.8 mile hike.

Easy hike, some parts are runable. Small free parking lot on the spring street side with a boat launch. Nice little kayak reservoir. People tend to have their dogs off leash except on the beach.

There is a lot of roots around the lake!

Good trail dogs love it.

Nice loop around the lake. Pretty and nice on a sunny day. Worn trails show lots of roots. Too many dogs off leash and there are signs saying dogs need to be on a leash. Witnessed an ugly confrontation between a lady, her loose dog, and a runner. Another lady had nine dogs off leashes and had a baby in a carrier. One of her dogs thankfully had a full muzzle on. Not a good combination...babies, dogs, and runners.

nice trail but the markings weren't the best. too often we ended up off trail for a little bit. few downed trees and flooding on trail. nice and shady and while plenty of bugs we never got bit.

Such a beautiful park! If you have a dog you have to visit! Super super dog friendly, almost everyone has dogs off leash and in the water. My dog had a great time!

rooty but great in off season

Dogs galore, so my dog was in heaven. Love this place

nice place to hike but be on the lookout for dog poop. lots of dogs use the trails.

Love this trail. I go often with my dad and we have picnics by the lake. Great year round.

Love this trail, used to picnic on the dam with my Grandmother when I was little. Spent many summers at Camp Winnetaska. Beautiful area, well maintained trails.

Beautiful walk with the dog. Walked through old girl scout camp where we stayed years ago. Fall foliage was perfect. Some great pictures too. Not difficult at all, only difficulty is that people don't keep their dogs on the leash.

Two women, ages 61 & 66, hiked the loop on Saturday, October 17, 2015. The trees were pretty, the sun was shining and the weather was crisp. Perfect day for a hike. Every person and dog we encountered was friendly. This is an easy hike because the terrain is mostly level and it's not easy to get lost because the trail follows the water's edge. There are many places to stop and enjoy a snack, lunch or to just soak up the scenery. I would give it 10 stars if I could.

Beautiful hike around the reservoir. Less traveled on the east side of the reservoir. More people and dogs on the west side of the loop. Under control unleashed dogs are met with a warm welcome from other hikers and property owners bordering the state land. Should be stunning in the fall once the leaves change. Will be back. My tracker measured 4.75 but I went off the trails to investigate things like the beaver dam. (Photo of that included.)

It was great - a couple areas where beavers had brought down trees across trail but otherwise a good walk.

Beautiful day quiet and fun!

Easily my favorite place to take my dog out. This is a known spot for being friendly to dogs so you'll find plenty of them. In the off season they are everywhere and I love it.

The loop is a very easy walk and perfect with or without a dog.