Arnold Arboretum Trail

Arnold Arboretum Trail is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Jamaica Plain, MA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Take a break from the urban life and escape to this arboretum for some solitude among the various tree species This guide covers all the major areas of interest within the Arnold Arboretum located just south of Boston in the Forest HIlls area of Jamaica Plain. This is a great place to go if you want to escape into peaceful surroundings. There are a lot of interpretive signs about the many species of plants you will discover along the walk. Make sure to stop at the visitor center at the main gate and also check out the informative links I have attached to this guide.

I've been going here since I was a child. For nature walks, bike rides and picnics. Now I bring my children. I love this place.

I've hiked in the Arboretum multiple times. There are several different landscapes and you there are pretty views on top of the hills, which aren't difficult to summit.

Great when flowers are in bloom

Nice walk with great scenery

Magic backyard

I live right down the street and LOVE LOVE LOVE the arb. Wouldn't say there's a lot of "hiking " but it's a lovely place to walk your dog (especially at peters hill), ride your bike, and it's a good place for conditioning when training for a race. I can honestly say this place is one of the reasons I can't bring myself to move...there's nothing in or around the city quite like it.

A very nice walk, considering it's accessibility from the city. Variety of trees provide a nice view. Fairly easy walk, often populated with retired couples and dogs being walked. Worth a visit for anyone living in the city, however I wouldn't recommend the trail for a tourist on a tight schedule.