Ames Nowell State Park Trails

Ames Nowell State Park Trails is a 3.5 mile loop trail located near Abington, MA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

We did the whole 3.5 mile hike with our kids who are 8 & 10. It was a little muddy in some places, but I rather expect that when hiking in the woods. I used my phone occasionally to check where we were on the trail using a combination of all trails and Google. Great fun hike, took a couple of hours with the kids stopping to climb the rocks:)

I was in the area and looking for a short hike so we decided to stop at Ames Nowell State Park, thinking the 3.5 mile loop around the lake would be just about right. The trail started out wide and well tended and marked. After about a mile, parts of the trail were very wet and at certain parts impassable which led us to having to take alternate routes and extend our hike beyond the original 3.5 miles. Due to the large number of areas with standing water, bug spray is a must! We weren't prepared and are now paying the price. While on the trail we encountered 2 people on ATV's and another group of 3 on dirt bikes.