Rocky Gap Canyon to Evitts Summit Trail

Rocky Gap Canyon to Evitts Summit Trail is a 8.1 mile out and back trail located near Flintstone, MD that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and birding and is accessible year-round.

Early morning is a good time to go. Trails are clear and easy. Good elevation change.

It was great! A mix of incline and easy gradual trail. The view at the Dixon line is unique and so enjoyable.

Awesome hike, the Homestead site was a let down but the Mason Dixon Line well worth it.

I love this hike. No matter what season it is always beautiful. Fall is of course the best when the leaves are changing. The view from the top is amazing.

Terrific hike! The first mile in the hemlock forest was a bit over-grown, but I enjoyed the rocky terrain. The gradual uphill to the summit was easy on the knees, but still a great workout. The Mason-Dixon marker is VERY cool and the valley overlook at the summit is stunning. After coming off the mountain, I took the "lake trail" back to the car. My dogs really enjoyed cooling off in the lake after the hike.

From my campsite at Rocky Gap to the Pennsylvania line is 8.4 miles round trip. A lovely hike with a nice payoff at the top. Also got to meet a black bear!

I like this trail but near the top we decided to bushwack straight up to eliminate the long switchbacks. The homestead story was interesting too . We turned back before getting to the PA line because of the impending storm!

I do this trail all the time in warmer weather. Summer time it is almost completely shaded & very minimal bugs compared to the bugs by the lake. I park up past the lodge & according to my GPS it took 6.8 miles round trip from my car up the mountain trail all the way to the top. It's a pretty good workout!

Started from the campground office and took the lakeside loop around the lake to the evitts mountain trail. Great views of the lake. Once we hit Evitts trail, we went all the way up to the mason Dixon line and the scenic overlook. Great views at the overlook. On our way down we took the rocky gap trail back to the campground. The entire trail seemed to be full of rocks going down so we took our time. Overall, great hike!

Rough yet fun trail. Blew a rear tire on it. Haha