Rock Run Grist Mill Trail

Rock Run Grist Mill Trail is a 6.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Havre de Grace, MD that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Go up Rock Run Road to the split and enter on the orange trail. Follow the orange trail until it meets with the blue trail at the end of the farm field (the second time the orange trail meets the blue trail). Turn left on the blue trail, watching for trail spur #4 on the right (about 1/4 mile). Take the trail spur to the red trail; turn left. Take the red trail to the picnic area, where it will join the green trail. Proceed straight on the green trail; do not turn to the left. Follow the green trail until it crosses a small road to the campground area. Go straight on the trail spur #3 to the blue trail. Jog to the left across the creek. Turn right on the blue trail. Follow it all the way until it meets the orange trail. Turn left and follow the orange trail as it goes to the left, leading you to the road. Follow the road downhill to the parking area.

Pretty easy trail. Quiet and beautiful. I just can't seem to find that big tree.

Nice route

Been here many times...brought my new puppy to get him started on a familiar trail....he did great! trail needs a bit maintaining...trees across path and large roots sticking out...and dont go after a big rain....we slid down a trail! overall...great trail with beautiful views

Great trail, wish it was a little more kept up on but beautiful sights none the less

My 4 year old son and I did just the Rock Run Trail loop where it uses the Land of Promise Trail to complete the loop. We also went down to the falls off the Historic Walking Trail. It's a moderate difficulty trail in my opinion. Keep an eye out for the roots and rocks. We did about 1.8 miles in an hour and twenty minutes. I forgot to continue recording after our lunch break so the time and distance on the track is a bit off. We had a good time, crossed paths with friendly people, and enjoyed the beautiful weather.

Great campground facilities and network of trails through farmlands, high ridges and quiet forest.

Many great trails right by the water to choose from! Spent all day here exploring. Some of the trails are not well marked but luckily we had cell service and were able to pull up directions back to where we parked. Looking forward to going back!

Maintained trails with a mix of gravel, dirt, and heavy root growth throughout. Watch out for the occasional land minds from horse travel. If you get a chance, venture to the old Beech Nut tree.

Lots of trails to keep the entire family busy for a day. I come here often with my children and just roam around till we get tired and head home. Lots of history in the area.

great park lots of things to do. walk along old rail road, hike in to old oaks, stepping stone has lots going on fall weekends. you can make loops by cutting trow the fields to catch anther trail
all year round is nice but in the spring lots of over growth they could use help in the spring maintaining the trails . this is a great look to hike !!

Love walking near water. Saw deer and ducks. Great time

Had a great trail ride with views of the river. The trails could use some work as there was plenty of washout with gullies instead of trails. Not a ride for the faint hearted or unfit horse! We had fun riding our Arabians with no problems.The park is beautiful !!

LOVE this trail! Great parking, never too many people up there, beautiful scenery, and all on the water. A lot of it is on train tracks, too, which I think is awesome! Absolutely beautiful! And flat!! :)

Spent the afternoon exploring Susquehanna State Park and was pleasantly surprised with the hiking trails and scenery. My partner and I actually started heading north along the river to begin and then headed south through the woods and open field. Never too strenuous but did have a little elevation here and there with some rocks. Overall a great day hike! Bring a map!

some fun biking, beautiful spot. we've camped there a couple times. from the campgrounds you can access some decent trails, grab a map from the check in station. there is a bit of an elevation change from there to the river so do the difficult trail going down and ride the easy one back up.

Lots of water breaks takes the fun out of a lot of trails. There are some pretty good sections of technical riding on the Green Loop, great climbs on the Red, and fast twisty single track on the Orange trail.

Watch out for all the horse poop.

Hike trails was ok, one big problem is the markings were not very visible and can get alittle confusing. But for advance hikers should get through with eased. Scenery was not bad. Terrain says difficult but small children should be able to hike trails with no problem.

Lovely setting by the Susquehanna River. There is an old restored mill which is open to the public. There is also a house which belonged to a Civil War officer.
There are several trails of differing terrain and distance. My wife and I did the "red and blue" trails which was about 5 miles of varied difficulty, a couple of relatively steep climbs but overall I would rate it moderate. There are a couple of water crossings on the trail we took which were difficult for my wife (no stepping stones). I would advise taking a map due to the lack of and relatively poor signage, but experienced hikers will not have a problem with that. It is a shared trail with bikes and horses and is a little narrow at times so be careful.
Overall a very pleasant little walk mostly under the cover of trees.