Robert E. Lee Park-Lake Roland Trail

Robert E. Lee Park-Lake Roland Trail is a 4.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Baltimore, MD that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Love this trail. It's right by my house and had a great variety of side trails along with the well maintained main trail.

Nice variety. The trail has inclines and declines as well as flats. Some good views too.

Great trail. Flat, well maintained, and beautiful. Sometimes it gets a little muddy though.

Great 4 mile trail to the lake and back. Very easy great feel and saw a bunch of deer and fish jumping out of the water. Very well kept and not very crowded. You will need to park right off of falls road.

Love it

I've been exploring some of the various trail routes (red, blue, yellow, green) this week as part of my daily runs and have enjoyed it immensely! I'm now planning to add trail runs to my normal running repertoire...a great way to mix things up. Only down side was I came across a dog walker with two unleashed dogs (blue trail)...they were friendly dogs but I'm afraid of dogs (been bit twice) so I wasn't comfortable going by them...stopped running and walked.

Love this little trail along former trolley tracks.

Nature is beautiful and should always gets 5 stars. Sorry about my earlier review only giving it 4 stars. Oops

I enjoyed my time here

3.5 stars. Nice park in the city. Not particularly challenging.

Awesomely Muddy! Good workout.

Live nearby and have hiked, biked, dog-walked, run, kayaked, photographed, and bird watched there for years, and in all seasons.

Not too strenuous, but always enjoyable!

F**k the Union Park Rangers at the front trading post. they ratted me and my buddies out to the Erosion Control. They sent reinforcements and tore down our righteous jumps. I remeber so many good times in those woods, but those senile party poopers ripped down our line. Those jumps had been standing for years and they come over and destroy the beautiful history. Go get a life and stop ruining the fun of us young athletic radical young adults. Stop being so butt hurt that we walked past you with shovels all summer.

Also a special shoutout to the roadies who frequently take spills from the jumps. Sorry you can't ruin the lips and trannys that we had worked so hard to pack the past months. Take your squid lids and go home. Kona Howler, Scott Voltage, and Treck Ticket S for lyyyyyfe. Also a shoutout to the dank brakeless 20 boys who ripped around the jumps too.

Sorry Tribal man we will never be graced with your presence as you walk your dog and jam every weekday at 5:30.

Sorry sexy runner chicks, we will not be gracing you with our stellar appearances this summer, hopefuly you can find some other studs to fantisize day and night abou

Nice flat urban-close trail populated by dog walkers who want to let dogs off leash. Encountered an extremely belligerent jogger who struck at my very peaceful/friendly dog. Won't be back. There are better options in Baltimore County.

i am so touched that after many years since my passing I have been able to visit the very land I had skirmishes with General McClellan, that old fool, on. I normally bring my wife, a 2009 Kona Howler, to shred the magnificent jump system throughout the park. I enjoy visiting the park ranger at the bottom of acorn hill (even though he's a union soldier, he's pretty radical.) If you ever need to relieve yourself, the park offers wonderful spot-a-pot facilities (btw let the one on the right sit for a while, I had a hay day in there last week, it was the log line, huh huh get it, log.) No one knows this, but there is a trail that will take you to Narnia, one of the raddest of zones in the park. The bike wizards have yet to map lines back in there, but I cant wait til the day comes when I can shred some maaaad downhill. If anyone ever stops you for disobeying the erosion control signs, just say THE Robert E. Lee gave your permission to erect a bike line. I give this park 5 stars for the 5 bullets I sunk in General McClellan's arm.

Stars and Bars and all things Freedom

Please "cop" my mixtape, located at the description in the bio.

I love this trail partially because it's practically in my back yard but for the majority of the trail I feel like I'm far far away. Decent amount of traffic.

in addition to Ricks review..Our family go there with my dog, and you will see rangers walking the property at all times and you will be escorted if you are on the grounds after dusk. They have remote cameras monitoring activity 24/7. Well attended and well managed park. Parking is free and about 5 minutes to the dog park if you want to go there. You will be monitored for membership tags, for sure.