Robert E. Lee Park-Lake Roland Trail

Robert E. Lee Park-Lake Roland Trail is a 4.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Baltimore, Maryland that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Great trail to walk with kids. We usually end our trip with a stop at the playground, which has some fun, nature-inspired structures.

Went on 11/30. Gorgeous, even on a foggy, mucky day. Trails are well marked, and there are art installations! I'll be going back on a sunny, dry day for sure.

Short 1-3 mile well maintained hike. Great point along red trail for dog to play along river. Muddy after rains but area attracts a lot of runners and hikers.

Overall this hike was decent.
Pros: it wasn't congested with people even on a Saturday; there was water access for my dog; good options for smaller trails off the beaten path; well marked with maps at the entrance.
Cons: parking was a bit frightening- street parking on a busy, curvy road; I could hear the street noise almost the entire hike, several homes along the way so never felt private, felt like I was walking someone's private property; close to the city/commute was easy!

Nicely marked and maintained trails. The flat Red trail is fine for those looking for and easy run or hike while the various side trails are much more interesting and challenging. Loved the Orange/Yellow/Green side loops with rocky surface and some hills. Encountered a large buck head-on while hiking on the Yellow trail. He allowed me to retrieve my camera phone from my pocket and take a couple of pics before running off. Saw him again later accompanied by a doe. I'll be sure to return for other hikes here.

Good cyclocross beginners experience.

Nice, reasonably flat trail. Shaded for a nice run.

Heavy traffic flat trail