Patapsco Valley Granite-Woodstock Trail

Patapsco Valley Granite-Woodstock Trail is a 5.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Woodstock, MD that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

Really enjoyed this one. I did a big loop that was about 6.25 miles total. Some uphill but not a lot. The majority is flat with the river in your side. I definitely want to come back with my bike as the trails looked like a ton of fun for mountain biking. I only saw 4 people total after 3 hours on the trails. Two were on bikes and two were walking. These trails are clearly used for horseback riding a lot as well as there is evidence on the trails. I saw 6 people on horseback across the river but never encountered them along the trail.

Closer to 6 miles than 4.9. Not terribly technical, and the trail is slightly easy to lose at certain points if you're not paying attention.

Awesome. Narrow trail for biking but perfect for a stroll along the river.

I would park in the gravel parking lot and walk across the bridge (the paved road on the other side is for official vehicles only). I hiked up the river until I hit and tributary (which you can wade across when it is warmer) and then hiked up the tributary until I hit some fields. This out and back hike was about 7 miles. Trail was easy to follow but muddy in spots. I plan head downstream the next time I'm in the area.

Park on the other side of the bridge, there's a small paved road that most people miss, saves you from walking the bridge with crazies speed past. Great hike with a few inclines that get your heart rate up, but otherwise more of a leisure hike with great scenery. Cool waterfall if you can find it... I know my girlfriend and I enjoyed it

Nice hiking. Easy to not get lost. Moderate hike with plenty of great views. Will do it again.

The mud smells bad on the trail so avoid it. Be quite and you will see lots of wildlife. Mostly flat you do have to cross the train tracks at one point.