Piney Run Park Trails

Piney Run Park Trails is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Sykesville, MD that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

sea kayaking

Lake trail is great. first half along the water, second half through the woods. nature centers with owls was a hit for the kids.

This park was perfect on an October afternoon. Likes of trails to explore and beautiful views. I could (and did) spend hours there.

nice trails for beginners.

It's easy and fun for family and there is a cool waterfall where you can climb the big rocks all the way to the top! But your not allowed to go in any water or rivers

It was a fun, easy hike. A great one to do with family. I remember going to piney run when I was very young with family and friends, we would hike probably 1 mile (the distance I am not certain) to a pine forest where we made forts out of fallen branches. It was a great time and seemed almost magical back then. I highly suggest it.

Nice easy trail. View of the reservoir were very nice.

Nice easy hike for all. Bush trails big clean and opportunities to do other activities like kayak, canoe and fish

Enjoyable walk on the trails but wasn't marked very well and upkeep seemed a bit poor for the trails. However, those two complaints are most likely if not definitely the result of the park not being fully open for the year.

This practically used to be my backyard. It was with in great walking distance from house, and I would hike it just about every weekend! Really loved this park!

The horses and escrement are on the equestrian trail. The nearly 5 mile trails on the other side of the reservoir are very nice. We spot deer every hike. Check the map to differentiate the horse trail.

I found this trail to be loaded with horses, lots of horse excrement and many hikers. Too short to be worth while. Too many hikers to get a good ride.

Tackled this trail yesterday in about an hour. Started off very nice, down hill and mostly flat. I started at the parking lot on Martz rd. Trail is well maintained. Borders a quiet neighborhood, so be good out there. At the far end of the trail, you can continue to ride over the dam and to the other side. It is a beautiful scene from the dam.