Number Nine Trolley Trail

Number Nine Trolley Trail is a 3.4 mile out and back trail located near Ellicott City, MD and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

wheelchair friendly

rails trails

The Historical Ellicott City/Baltimore Trolley Line #9 Trail is a 1.25-mile trail in Western Baltimore County, Maryland. It begins at the West end of Edmonson Avenue and extends from Catonsville through Oella to Main Street, Ellicott City.

walked path to ellicott city it is a nice, paved path shaded by many trees

Pretty little trail and nice location

I take my dog out on this trail all the time and she loves it. Super easy and a nice peaceful walk.

so freaking cute. perfect for walking or biking

It's a nice trail. I saw quite a few birds. It's a nice walk through the woods but not challenging or especially interesting.

One of my favorite little easy-peasy trails. Start at Edmondson Ave., meander down to the coffee shop at the other end, stop for refreshments, and walk back.

My Mom and I enjoy walking the trail. Great way to spend an hour catching up. It's very easy to walk. In the fall and winter months we'll leave a car at the bottom and start from the Edmondson Ave entrance. It takes about 25 minutes. We'll walk down, have dinner at the trolley and hop in the car that we left at the bottom. During the spring and summer we'll walk back to Edmondson. It's paved with the exception of the wooden walkway at the bottom (100yds), slippery when wet! Enjoy!!

Michael Hagan describes the trail perfectly. We walk an addition 0.5 mile in the neighborhood for 2 miles out and back. We did it in an hour; that's fast.

It starts in/near old Ellicott City which is a plus for a carefree walking around day. The trail is paved maybe 1.5mile out and back through very pretty wooded area and rock formations. small section is deck surface. It rises a good bit out and nice descent back.
There are single track branches a few places but I have not checked them out yet.

Short trail, but nice scenery. There are water features throughout and plenty of wild life to observe. Lots of trails that run off the main path to explore. no real inclines unless off the main trail. Very tranquil (except the bridge, it's loud when cars go over it).