North Point State Park Trail

North Point State Park Trail is a 4 mile loop trail located near Sparrows Point, Maryland and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round.

Jan. 12, Wow, It was 70 Degrees out and even though it rained the night before the trails were in great shape. Very little mud, wet in spots but no standing puddles. Upon entering the park you may want to grab a trail map. The trails are named and well marked. For seniors like me, this place is a plus. All the trails and the 1-mile road into the park is completely flat terrain. In the open fields area there were lots of geese and redwing blackbirds in the marshy areas. We saw lot of holly trees on the Old Oak and Beaver Pond trail. The Wetlands trail loop feature a marsh, pond and observation platform. I loved this spot the most because of all the pine trees. Millions of small pine you can’t even see through. Great spot for lunch. I grow up in this area. My mom and dad came here when it was an amusement park. It think it was then called Bay Shore Park. The area is still being re-discovered. In the main office building are pictures of the old days. Main restrooms are closed for off-season. 2 Spot-a-pots are available. There is one by main entrance and the other is by the Trolley Station.

Flat easy hiking for seniors and handicap people like me. In this area you can basically pick your own trail and distance. Nature lovers and bird watches have a lot to see here. I grow up in this area and my parents use to go to the old Ferry Grove pier. Carry a sweater or hoody because it can get windy on the shoreline. Carry plenty of freshwater in the summer because the marshes can get hot.

This was an enjoyable hike that is not too far of a trip from Baltimore. Despite the fact that it is late fall, there is a lot to see, and the shoreline and forest views are no less beautiful. We meandered around the main trail and took several of the smaller off-shoots. The abandoned building on the Power House loop has some cool graffiti inside and is worth a look. I also had fun looking for sea glass on the shoreline. The trails themselves were well-maintained and clearly marked. Overall, we had a great time!

Love this park....frequent it with my daughter. We have seen a number of wildlife...Turtles, frogs, foxes, woodpeckers, herrings, snakes...and its pup friendly most of the yr. The beach is a nice place to relax on and just look for rocks. Also during the winter months its frozen over...great pictures, lots of photo ops....

Beautiful trail, has a beach and places for people to fish. Five stars!

Nice year round walk. Takes you through several different habitats including marsh, forest and field.

I've been back a couple times since my last review from here and i'm so glad! Much better experience. The Power House trail and the shore views made it the best hike!

Came for a Mother's Day jaunt and was pleasantly surprised! The park has two fishing docks and a small beach! Many picnic tables and grills are sprinkled around the grounds nearest the water. The hiker-biker trail was relatively flat and somewhat marshy. There are many different vista points set up for bird/creature watching along the trail. We were very glad we visited in early May; it seems like it will get quite buggy when the Maryland summer humidity kicks in. If your looking for a low-key afternoon of wandering and exploring, this may be a good spot for you to check out! If you are geared up for a real hike with inclines and rocks scrambles this may not be the place for you!

It was really mellow, not too busy, and clearly marked. We didn't get to enjoy the shoreline but we will be back next time to really explore.

Nice park and trails

Great place for a quick hike with great views of the Chesapeake Bay. There is a good beach that not too many people know about by the old building which is a great place for off leash fun for the pup.

Trail did not look at all difficult from what i saw of it. I'm a new hiker and didn't know the bugs would be so merciless (maybe they were having a bad day, who knows). Live and learn, you will need your "bug off" for this one.

Easy trail with both human history and natural history interest. The Nature Conservancy of Maryland (where I work) has developed an audio tour that you can take with you on the trail to better understand what you are seeing at points of interest along the way. (see link)

Pretty!

Light hiking beautiful views on a sunny day! Our dog loves it it here and so do the kids lots if different things to look at mostly all flat walking .